Help getting OTA antennae hooked up to satellite

justin2380

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
We previously had a 522 DVR with a Dish 500 satellite with 2 LNB’s. We had our cables from the LNB's running into the OTA antennae and then out into the house to the receiver. We did this to power the OTA antennae. This setup worked great and did not cause any issues with signal strength.

Now our problem is we upgraded to a Dish 1000.2 with the 3 LNB's and got a 722. There is one cable coming out of the LNB's and we tried hooking this up to the OTA antennae and then running a cable from the OTA antennae to the satellite like before, but we are having problems. We lose certain satellites and the signal can not always be found. We removed the OTA antennae and everything worked fine.

Our solution for now is running the OTA antennae in separately and then letting it be powered by an old receiver which then goes into the 722 into the OTA spot. The OTA atenna is a TREK 42 model
that sits on our satellite dish.

Any suggestions to get rid of this extra receiver would be greatly appreciated!!

Was an external switch added with the Dish 1000.2? The OTA signal does not pass through an external switch. I am not sure on this, but I think is the lnb's were switch from legacy to DishPro or DishProPlus, you may need a different type dyplexer to add the OTA signal to the Dish line.

There were 2 old switches. There currently is no switches between the satellite and receiver. It goes directly from the satellite to the 722. I belive the lnb's were switched from legacy to the DishProPlus. We have not tried a dyplexer yet, do you think that should work? We just tried running a short cable from lnb's to OTA atennae and then from atennae to the receiver.

The Terk42 has a built-in diplexer. The problem is that this diplexer is not DishPro compatible. It can not handle the higher frequencies that DishPro LNBs output. You can continue using it the way you have it hooked up now (using older receiver to power the Terk42) or purchase a separate power supply (13-18Volts) to power the Terk42

Thanks garys and ats7627 that answered my question. Do you know where I could get one of these power supplys? Could you provide a link plz?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts