Help I am unable to get 119 satellite

sierrasmoma

Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
What do you think could be the problem .I can get it on all my other receivers only on one of them .I cant get 119 Thanks .I added more info in a reply thanks for trying to help me

Last edited:
You will need to provide more information on your dish(es), receivers, and connections like Switches. I take it you say you can't get 119 on the receiver because you have run the Check Switch function and it only showed 110?

satellite misaligned, bad switch, bad coax connection, bad ground block/seperator/diplexer, bad receiver, tree in the way, bad lnb, bent dish.......

basically, we need more information to troubleshoot a problem, or the above is my guess ;)

I have replaced the sw 21 awitch and that did not fix it .I could not recieve local channels and now I get local channels .I am missing channels like 166 ,170,171,172,173,174 .It skips these channels there is not a tree limb in the way .The dish has not moved at all I have dish 500 the reciever is the 510 dvr .

The fact that you get it on some receives means you are probably aligned correctly. My guess is the switch or the cabling. Check all connections. I once got a box oit of the attic and inadvertently pulled a cable enough to loosed the connedction and ruin reception on pne receiver.

What do you think could be the problem .I can get it on all my other receivers only on one of them .I cant get 119 Thanks .I added more info in a reply thanks for trying to help me

Can you move the receiver to a location where you know you're getting both 119 and 110? If it works there then your problem is cable, connector or barrel connector.

I tried that it works so you are saying it could be a connector and not the lnb .It says warning only one satellite connected also Thanks

Help

I wasnt able to get 119 now I am getting 119 and not 110 could this be a connector problem .I unplug the cables and plug it back in now I get 119 and not 110 .Thanks

The SW21 is a legacy switch. Therefore, you can not switch out the Legacy LNBF with DishPro or DishPro Plus LNBF, without removing or replacing the SW21.

The newer receivers are backwards compatible with older dishes that use Legacy LNBF and/or Switches. But again, that Legacy switch MUST have Legacy LNBF on the other end.

EDIT:
If you replaced the Legacy LNBF with a DishPro (DP) or DishPro Plus (DPP) LNBF, then you are going to have to redo your switch setup; such as possibly removing the splitters and SW21's, and then adding a DP34. Really depends on your complete setup.

Last edited:
I wasnt able to get 119 now I am getting 119 and not 110 could this be a connector problem .I unplug the cables and plug it back in now I get 119 and not 110 .Thanks

Definitely sounds like a switch problem. As was said before, make sure you use the same technology switch with your lnbs. Both have to be legacy or both have to be DP or both have to be DPP. Then, both sats will show up in the check switch test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)