HELP!! I want to watch the Yankees, Red Sox, or Blue Jays next season

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
I know that wehn I move I wont get those locals becuase I'm out of the spot beam. But I know I'll get the RSN. What RSN will I need for those three teams (Sox, Yanks, and Jays) and can I get them on DISH (I know I'll just have to pick one but the AL EAST is the best to me).

I know that wehn I move I wont get those locals becuase I'm out of the spot beam. But I know I'll get the RSN. What RSN will I need for those three teams (Sox, Yanks, and Jays) and can I get them on DISH (I know I'll just have to pick one but the AL EAST is the best to me).

I think the Red Sox are on NESN. If you move to that market (and I'm guessing you are from Cincy), you'll be able to get the RSN but I don't think you'll get the locals. If you have the distant networks through NPS, though, I wouldn't even worry about purchasing additional locals. Just subscribe to AT100+ or AT200 and "move" to the area -- I did that and I didn't even subscribe to locals (of course, I live in North Georgia and get mine (along with SF) through NPS).

Somebody else will have to fill you in on the Yankees, but I'm pretty sure they play the majority of their games on YES and I don't think DISH Network carries YES as of yet. I've seen a few of their games on WWOR.

I wish I could get the Blue Jays but I don't think Rogers Sportsnet is on DISH Network and some of the guys around here might be able to tell you if it will ever be carried by DISH -- although I think it's doubtful. If things don't change by next year and you don't want the Orioles or Devil Rays (and it doesn't look as though you do), the Red Sox might be the only AL East team that you can go with.

Cade

I think the Red Sox are on NESN. If you move to that market (and I'm guessing you are from Cincy), you'll be able to get the RSN but I don't think you'll get the locals. If you have the distant networks through NPS, though, I wouldn't even worry about purchasing additional locals. Just subscribe to AT100+ or AT200 and "move" to the area -- I did that and I didn't even subscribe to locals (of course, I live in North Georgia and get mine (along with SF) through NPS).

Somebody else will have to fill you in on the Yankees, but I'm pretty sure they play the majority of their games on YES and I don't think DISH Network carries YES as of yet. I've seen a few of their games on WWOR.

I wish I could get the Blue Jays but I don't think Rogers Sportsnet is on DISH Network and some of the guys around here might be able to tell you if it will ever be carried by DISH -- although I think it's doubtful. If things don't change by next year and you don't want the Orioles or Devil Rays (and it doesn't look as though you do), the Red Sox might be the only AL East team that you can go with.

Cade

On second thought, the AT100+ includes the locals but you must have that in order to get the RSN. If it were me, I'd go with the AT200 which is just $3 more a month and drop locals altogether.

Cade

Red Sox on NESN. Yankees on DIRECTV with YES Network, Jays on DIRECTV with MLB Extra Innings package.

With your wishes I would use Dish Network and Boston address for the NESN network and Star Choice sub for the Blue Jays. This way you can watch the Yankees also with the combined games against Boston and Toronto which are plenty, also, Star Choice offers Extra Innings and Sunday Ticket if you wish to sub to those .
Star Choice has CBC and a lot of other excellent sport providers that are not available on Dish or Direct.
If anyone likes sports, you got to go with a Canadian provider. Prices are good also. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts