Help I'm from mexico City

mexican

Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Hello I could help.

I would like to know what are the transponders that are active today in EchoStar 4, 77 ° W. I had the satellite 110, but no longer reaches the footprint to Mexico City.

Thank you

Sounds like, from other information floating arround, that EchoStar is working on a new "Mexico" service that is entirely separate from Dish Network.

Likely you'll be forced to switch to that service when it finally goes live. Have no information on when or how much that will likely be. I don't think Dish Network has licenses for 110 and 119 to broadcast into Mexico, so I doubt they'll do anything to correct that problem. Likely they also be working on fine tuning the other footprints to attenuate service into Mexico as well, except for the SAT they have licensing for.

77W is presently transmitting a NIT ( network identification table) identifier as DishMexico using the older Dish satellite now located there. This is a new identifier I had not seen before. Looks like Dish may indeed be participating in startup of a new Mexico satellite network.

Dish had originally cut a deal with Quezsat to move E8 to 77 and run it as an US licenced satellite. But, subsequently Quezsat informed Dish that Cofetel (Mexican FCC) told Quezsat they would lose their concession to that slot if they did not maintain control of satellites at that location. So, now Dish has an application pending at the FCC to transfer control of Echostar 8 to Queszat. This is very similar to what happened with Echostar 5 at 129, where control was transfered to Ciel Satellite. Quezsat has Region 2 permit to transmit into both US and Mexico and E8 has two separate antennas.

Thank you all for your help
We therefore here waiting to see the changes, and hopefully not as long.

Greetings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)