Help in Selecting Splitter for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m digging out my CoolSat 5000 and setting it up for FTA. I need a manufacturer and part number or specifications so I can obtain 1 X 2(out) splitters to tap into the C Band & Ku Band input from my BUD to my DSR922. I`m planning to route 1 output to my DSR922 and the other to a CoolSat DiSeq, unless there`s a better solution.

Thank you Lak7 for the reply to my request for help. I have ordered the splitters which you recommended. I`m not clear on the power passing feature. I assume it is a requirement to access the DiSEq switch ?? Also, would you please give me some guidance on the hookup?? I know that one set of outputs (C & Ku) from the splitter go to the appropriate inputs on my DSR922. I`m not sure about where the other set of outputs go but I assume to the LNB1 & LNB2 terminals of my Ecoda 4X1 DiSEq switch with the Receiver terminal to my CoolSat.

Lak7
That`s exactly what I needed.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Lak7 - The connecting diagram shows the the power passing side of the splitter is connected to the DSR922 for both the C & Ku inputs. Is that correct??
It would seem that they should be connected to DiSEq switch?????

Cspiteri, for a DisEqC Switch you could try a low Loss 0.5dB 4x1 Chieta Switch, have used them for years and never had a failure. They are also very reasonably priced, Google or try one of the Sponsors.

Lak7 - The connecting diagram shows the the power passing side of the splitter is connected to the DSR922 for both the C & Ku inputs. Is that correct??
It would seem that they should be connected to DiSEq switch?????

Since Lak7 has not replied I will post.
The C and Ku LNB's are still powered by the DSR922, (the polarity is also controlled by the DSR922) so the power passing ports are connected to the DSR922. The power does not pass to the CoolSat 5000 side, but the signals from the sat does. the power and switching for the DiseQc switch comes from the CoolSat 5000.
For one port power passing splitters, the dollar store around here has a 2 port power passing satellite splitter for $2.00 I have used these and removed one of the diodes from inside the splitter to make it one port power passing. Works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)