Help in setting up 1000.4 dish with VIP211K

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I will be moving ito a new home which is not quite ready. The home has a tile roof and I don`t want a tech climbing on it as new tile is quite fragile.
I have a WA 1000.4 which I have aligned and gone thru the setup and downloaded the receiver software. I am getting a screen to activate the receiver. I am not ready to start a subscription until we have a move in date. The Activate Receiver screen will not let me get back to the setup screen so I can fine tune the dish for maximum signal. I tried to get the receiver activated thru Dish Chat but they keep telling me that I have to subscription before they can activate my receiver.
I`m hoping that a forum member or DIRT person can help me. I just want to be able to get back to the setup screen for final fine tuning.
I am not a current Dish subscriber.

Restart your receiver & when it starts acquiring signal you will be able to go to menu 6 1 1.

Hi, The best way to do this to to unplug the receiver from the outlet for a few minutes and then plug it back up. It should take you to the Point DISH screen. When you run the check switch test and exit the screen you will be locked again at the Activate Receiver Screen and you can only complete this by setting up an account with DISH Network. If you need any additional assistance, please PM me!

Thanks to stardust3 I was able to get the setup screen.
I`m locked on 119 but with a signal strength of only 40 so I`ve got some fine tuning to do.
I appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge with the forum members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts