Help in Yuma

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hffernandez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Hello,
Being a Dish customer for at least 5 years now which by the way I've been satisified with the service. I'm about ready to jump into this HD adventure and I obviously need some catching up with a few things.What's "Superdish"? Does this involve a new dish antenna? I would like to get this upgrade but not sure what it's all about. Where can I get info on this subject. Internet searches provide marketing info only, but I'vd picked up enough on this site that it may be a little more to it. I'm having some decision problems with picking out a HDTV set. The pro and cons for the different technologies make it very hard and have come to a decision that for the best HD performance a Sony KV34XBR910/960 will take care of me for now. I wanted something larger (Sports, DVD) but it would be double the price at this point. Now, to make this adventure complete I need a Dish HD receiver. I get this uneasiness again that the Dish HD receivers are having problems with bugs and fixes. The 921 is not living up to the hype and will probably go with the 811 which is getting good and bad press as we speak. Help in Yuma.
Hank
Dish 500
Legacy Quad
1-510
1-5000
1-? Old
JVC-36, Onkyo AV 5.1 DTS, Sony DVD, Xbox

Superdish is just another dish used to pick up a 3rd satellite location, 121 or 105. As of now, Superdish really wouldnt be necessary unless your locals come off of one of the 2 satellites. They've moved most of the hd programming to the 110 slot. I believe CBS east & west are still at 61.5 & 148.

Unfortunately the tv's i really cant help out with. Dish has a bundled offer with the 811 & either a 34" hdtv or a 40" rear projection hdtv for about $999 with a 1yr commit to at least basic service & the hdtv pak.

Yuma/El Centro locals are currently not available on Dish. When they are available my guess is that you will probably need a Superdish as it looks like the spotbeams for So. Cal., Nevada, and Arizona are full. You are in the same boat with people in Palm Springs as being in one of the last remaining western DMAs not served. You could try "moving" to San Diego or Phoenix. :D

hffernandez said:
Hello,
Being a Dish customer for at least 5 years now which by the way I've been satisified with the service. I'm about ready to jump into this HD adventure (snip)
The 921 is not living up to the hype and will probably go with the 811 which is getting good and bad press as we speak. Help in Yuma.
Hank
The 811 has been buggy but they are now rapidly fixing the problems. I would say that it is pretty solid now.
No one knows when the 921 will be available.
If you call Dish, you may be able to get an 811 on the cheap. Most here spent about $149 for theirs. I'm not positive that the special offer for existing 'loyal' Dish customers is still on but a simple call to them can confirm it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts