Help - Installation Options

jerseyjk

Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
I've got a question on installation ... I've been through this forum and several websites and have become a bit more confused than when I started.

I've been a E* customer for 8 years. As such, all of my equipment is legacy. I currently have 3 receivers, a 500 at 110 & 119 and a SW64. I just purchased, off ebay, a 522 which (assuming the CSR's or ceo@dishnetwork.com will activate) will bring the number of feeds needed to 5. Obviously a problem on a legacy dish.

From what I've read, I believe I have to reconfigure as follows:
Upgrade to a DP Twin with a DP34, DP21 (or another DP34 in case I want to go over 5 receivers) and install adapters on all three legacy receivers.

Question is, are there other options? Another Dish with DP Twin just to run any new equipment I acquire ... can you run two dishes pointed at the same two birds on the same account? Or is there some way to have a legacy 500 feed 5 receivers?

And yes, I realize E* started offering the 522 to existing customers today by lease. Doesn't matter, I won't lease equipment in case I feel like "upgrading" the hard drive so puchasing was my choice whether E* started offering to existing or not even with the risk of not being able to activate.

I'm assuming from your post that E* has no problems with customers pointing two separate dishes at the same sats on one account?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)