Help!! Installer at my house now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Fairhope, AL
I am adding a wing dish for 61.5 to get my HD locals. I currently have dish 1000 with 110/119/129. Do I need 129 for HD if I add the 61.5 wing dish? He is wanting to charge me for a 44 switch so that I can get all four sat locations!!

You don't need 129, at least not for standard HD packages. All mine is coming from 61.5 because I have no line of sight to 129.

You not only don't need 129 & 61.5, you won't be able to get both without jumping thru hoops. If both are connected, the receiver will pick one or the other, thru no rhyme or reason discernable to us. You could cover one or the other LNB with foil to subvert this.

Don't pay for both.
You only want 129 if your locals come off 129, something I am sure is not the case.

Use two dish 500 antennas. One to 110/119 & one to 61.5. That's what I do. Or remove/disconnect the 129 LNB on the 1000. No 4 sat switch needed.

Let us know what happens.

I checked the list and my RSN's, Fox Sports South and SportSouth, are both on 61.5. I told the installer that I do not need 129. He then said he had to call Dish to verify this info. After the call, he said that I was right. However, he still said that I would lose my RSN's. I told him that I did not need them anyway:D.

He is going to put up a dish 500 for 61.5 and run that into the switch on my dish 1000.

Good that things worked out for you before he left.

When I was getting my Dish installed, the guy seriously seemed like he had no ideal what he was doing. He at one point even said that they might have to install a pole in the middle of my yard that would be about 10 feet tall to put the dish on. I told him i would call anyone else before I put up with that.

Needless to say, he was wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts