Help Installing Dish for 129 Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vipul128

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I am trying to replace my dish pointed to the 61.5 satellite to 129 for a couple of reasons (one being the added HD channels) and had a few questions.

The current dish I have is a dish 500 which has 2 slots on the LNB arm since it's made for the 110/119 LNB.

Can I still use this dish? If so, does it matter which side of the LNB arm I put it on? Will this affect what I should set for the skew, elevation, etc?

Thanks in advance for the help.

the answer to your questions are in order;yes,no,and yes. As for the setting the skew should be 90, however because I don't know where you are you would have to go to satellite finder.com and look them up.

Now having answered your questions I have a couple of my own. Are you in an estern arc market? If so do you know that by switching from 61.5 to 129 you will be loosing your HD locales? My suggestion is to replace ether your 500 dish with the 110/119 on it with a 1000.2 dish, or replacing the hole thing with a 1000.4 dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to replace my dish pointed to the 61.5 satellite to 129 for a couple of reasons (one being the added HD channels) and had a few questions.

The current dish I have is a dish 500 which has 2 slots on the LNB arm since it's made for the 110/119 LNB.

Can I still use this dish? If so, does it matter which side of the LNB arm I put it on? Will this affect what I should set for the skew, elevation, etc?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi, as others have posted set the skew so the Dish logo is horizontal and use the elevation from dishpointer for your location. The side you place the LNB on will affect the azimuth, on my Dish 500 I placed it on the left side (looking from behind the dish) when you do this the dish will end up pointing about 4.5 degrees to the left of the azimuth you will get from dishpointer.com You could place it on the right side and the dish would be to the right the same 4.5 degrees. I would think it would only really matter if you had something like a wall or other obstruction getting in the way of moving the dish all the way. The difference would be the full 9 degrees and that could make a difference on some installations. Hope this helps, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)