Help? Is dish worth having anymore?

As a person who recently left Dish for a combination of OTA and streaming, I will say Dish is absolutely a valid option and one I would personally choose over cable or DirecTV. Sounds like the OP's local circumstances are not the best however.

Quick update -
24 hours later & "the supervisor" has not called or come out.
I did as OSUMike suggested & called WeConnect. Told them we were expecting a manager was going to get us a 2nd opinion on line of sight & I was following up on that. The guy said he would transfer me to the department that handles that & he transferred me back to Dish's main menu - great, thanks!
I can't handle talking to DIsh's CSRs anymore. Every time I call it gives me the option to reschedule our appointment. I think I will reschedule our install & take down the tree that I believe is the problem before they get here for the install. If nothing else, at least the installer will know how to get us 2nd opinion if needed.

Reactions: osumike
For me, who has been with Dish now for over 20 years, I cannot find anything else out there that beats Dish or comes close. Sure the first year deals are good, by jumping ship, but after the first year, the customer has to pay a lot more, and unless the drop down to a small package, they are stuck to pay the big increases, at least with Direct or Spectrum. If I ever do drop Dish, it will be when everything streams. we are a while before that.

Hmm. You'd be serviced out of the Green Bay office then, and I know they're backed up two weeks or so, same as here in Madison. Still no excuse. If you weren't so far away from me, I'd try to work something out with you personally. Although, Door County is beautiful this time of year!
We have guys in Green Bay now. They said t hat market was 30 days behind. I was going to go up there, but i have to go back to Columbus next week

Reactions: osumike
Perhaps I should have worded that question differently...I was curious if the demand had increased and/or was higher than normal, or if staffing had dropped to a level too low to handle normal demand.

Our demand was very high during the Nexstar outage on DirecTV but has dropped back to normal now. We try to get to service calls that have no TV the same or next day and new installs and upgrades are a day or three out. :)

Is the demand really that high, or are there just too few installers in that area?
It's both. I've never seen it this busy. I really feel bad for my customers that have to wait two weeks or more for any appointment, be it a service call or new connect. But on the other hand, this is great job security right now, and it doesn't appear that it'll slow down this winter. Even with the channel disputes lately, people are happily switching to Dish from DirecTV. They all tell me they're saving at least $50 a month by switching. Plus they can get a real nice nest camera, doorbell, and thermostat at the time of install! Win, win!

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts