Help! Is this a switch problem?

Manuel

Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Hello all. Lurker for about a year and finally had to register to ask a question. I have a 6000 receiver with both add-ons. I have a Dish 500 (119-110) and another single dish for 61.5. Also, I have a seitch 64. I tried to watch channel 9483 (CBSHD from NY) but it would not come in. I checked the power to the individual satellites and saw that the 61.5 was getting nothing. I then had the receiver conduct a switch check and it came back not recognizing the 61.5. I did the usual check all connections to no avail. I then changed the cables around. The switch recognized that I moved the cables around but did not recognize the 61.5. I called Dish and they advised that my switch was not working properly. Does this sound right? I have called before for different things and they gave me different answers depending on the CSR. All your help is appreciated.

Thanks

It could be a switch problem. Try hooking up 61.5 straight to your receiver and see if you can get a signal and if it is good strength. Dish could have to be realigned again. If you get a good signal, then it most likely is your switch.

Another thing that might be the problem is your smart card. All 6000s must now have the yellow smart card. If you are still using the blue one, that could be causing the problem.

I do have the yellow smart card. I will play with it some tomorrow to see if I can get the 61.5 pointed to the 119 or 110 and try to pick up that signal. If I get nothing with it, could it be the LBN?

No need to move the dish unless you do NOT get 61.5 when hooked up directly, and even then, no sense in trying for 110/119 unless you think you might have a line of sight problem. If you DO try that, don't forget that the elevation will be different.

Before you do anything, pull the lines coming from your 61.5 dish to your SW64. Bet they are corroded. Check all of them first. If you see any burnt stingers, corrosion, anything odd... most likely water got into your switch and it blew.

Common problem with SW64's

Hello again.

Thanks for all the replies. Turns out that I just had a bad LBN. I should have known it would be an easy fix. What gets me upset is that the CSR said there is no way it could be an LBN problem and that I needed a new switch. Upset but not surprised. Oh well.

Manny

Actually, it's LNBADCAF.

Low Noise Block Amplifier and DownConverter with Attached Feedhorn. :)

And I've probably missed part of what it does. :D

:D

Remember, I come from the days when a SMALL dish was 6 feet across, and when you built it, you attached the feedhorn to the mount, the LNA (not B) to the feedhorn, and then the BDC to the LNA, and then the coax to that, and then 2 wires to the motor that turned the hook in the feedhorn. ;)

Then there were the 5-6 wires to the positioning arm. :)

SimpleSimon said:

Remember, I come from the days when a SMALL dish was 6 feet across, and when you built it, you attached the feedhorn to the mount, the LNA (not B) to the feedhorn, and then the BDC to the LNA, and then the coax to that, and then 2 wires to the motor that turned the hook in the feedhorn. ;)

Then there were the 5-6 wires to the positioning arm. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts