help loss of signal when 110 hooked up

vandy3196

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Guys i'm new to the Dish Network world and am trying to set up two single lnbf's. I got a great signal (107) on the 119 satelite. I have it hooked up through a sw21. But as soon as i hook the 110 satelite to the sw21 i totally loose all signal i had on 119 and can't get 110 at all either. What's going on? Do i have a bad eye? But i get 119 back right after i unplug the 110 from the sw21. Any help would be appreciated.

vandy3196 said:
Guys i'm new to the Dish Network world and am trying to set up two single lnbf's. I got a great signal (107) on the 119 satelite. I have it hooked up through a sw21. But as soon as i hook the 110 satelite to the sw21 i totally loose all signal i had on 119 and can't get 110 at all either. What's going on? Do i have a bad eye? But i get 119 back right after i unplug the 110 from the sw21. Any help would be appreciated.

defective sw21 get a new one or get a legacy twin. twin does switching on its own will not need sw21 should cost about 79.00 new sw21 should cost 22.00

did you run a check switch once you hooked it all up?

If the switch is bad, I suggest a Twin. Ebay has them pretty cheap. (I just got one for under $20)

It Won't Pass The Test With Both The Satelites Hooked Up. It Passed With Just The 119 Hooked To It. It Said However "warning: Only One Satelite". I Guess You Have To Have Signal On Both Satelites Going Through The Switch To The Reciever For The Test To Pass.
So Sw21's Go Out Pretty Easily? Where Can I Buy A Sw21?

sw-21's going out all the time? That really depends on how they were installed, actually.

As you may know, water is a killer to external connections. Be sure to use "rubber booties" and make sure when you situate the switch so that water will "drip" away by ensuring the cables coming off the switch "roll" downward.

G'luck!

Thanks Bunch Guys
Gonna Pick Up A New Switch After Work And Retry. If I Can Keep From Falling Off The Roof This Time I'll Be Good.

hi i had a pansat 2500 a which was working very fine till this morning and now is not working does somebody can help me for this