HELP!!! Lost sat 119

AVITWeb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Spontaneously today, we lost sat 119...haven't gotten it back yet! Keeps telling me there is a problem with the switch.

Similar behavior happened a few years ago in the same room. At that time we received a new box...this time, it was rock solid for a loooong time, and them BAM...no sat 119....

All we have is a DP Twin with a DVR (508) downstairs and a 301 upstairs (This is the one that if failing)

Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Un-hook the coax going into that receiver from the dish and run a switch test. It will take a few mins since no dish is there. When it is done and says something like problem detected, and some XXXX's. Then unplug the receiver for a few mins, plug it back in then-Hook the coax back up and run the test again and then see if you get 119 to pop back in.

Un-hook the coax going into that receiver from the dish and run a switch test. It will take a few mins since no dish is there. When it is done and says something like problem detected, and some XXXX's. Then unplug the receiver for a few mins, plug it back in then-Hook the coax back up and run the test again and then see if you get 119 to pop back in.

Havent done that yet, but did run a check switch and it said there was a problem. Mysteriously last night when we got home from dinner it was fine..just needed to download the guide info.

Something tells me I will be replacing this box again.

i'd take your dvr and hook it up in that room, run the check switch and see what it comes up with. If it comes up ok, then most likely it is a receiver screwing up. If it doesnt come up ok, you know the problem is either in the cabling or the lnb

Yes like birddoggy said that is the next thing, if it happens again, swap receiver locations and see if it moves to that receiver. If not you know it is a cable, bad or connector problem.

Thanks for the help

:) After spending over an hour on the phone to India I decided to check the net and found this site. Less than 10 minutes later Dish is up and running again. However I don't know if the problem I called about is fixed. I am getting a switch error (004) on occasion. How do I go about fixing that problem?:)

:) After spending over an hour on the phone to India I decided to check the net and found this site. Less than 10 minutes later Dish is up and running again. However I don't know if the problem I called about is fixed. I am getting a switch error (004) on occasion. How do I go about fixing that problem?:)

what kind of equipment you have. and how is it installed. if you have wall plate, make sure the connector behind the wall plate is not loose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)