Help me hook-up my DVR on TV#2

roconjo

Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Il
I recently upgraded to a Dish 722 so I could get an HD signal into my Family room which is hooked up as TV-1. The dual output TV-2 signal now feeds the TV in my master bedroom. I have a DVR that I used to be able to program to record shows when I had my old standard box , it used channel #3 as the signal channel into my TV. The new Dish 722 brings the signal into TV 2 using channel 73. My DVR can not detect 73 it will only go up to channel 65. I found the menu set-up option that allows me to change the TV2 output channel but it will not let me set it below 73. Is there a solution for me to be able to record TV shows ion my bedroom DVR or is it now useless except as a stand-alone player recorder?

I recently upgraded to a Dish 722 so I could get an HD signal into my Family room which is hooked up as TV-1. The dual output TV-2 signal now feeds the TV in my master bedroom. I have a DVR that I used to be able to program to record shows when I had my old standard box , it used channel #3 as the signal channel into my TV. The new Dish 722 brings the signal into TV 2 using channel 73. My DVR can not detect 73 it will only go up to channel 65. I found the menu set-up option that allows me to change the TV2 output channel but it will not let me set it below 73. Is there a solution for me to be able to record TV shows ion my bedroom DVR or is it now useless except as a stand-alone player recorder?

As the other poster said, change it from cable to air setting. Make sure you change it on your TV as well. Change it on the TV from cable to air or antenna. Do a channel scan and the TV should find the right channel. In the "Air" mode, you can set the modulated channel anywhere from 21 to 69, just make sure no local channels are within 2 channels or you may get interference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts