Help!My Dish keeps screwing up!

Petemc11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I've had Dish for about 6 years now.It seems like every few months my connectors get corroded or the switch box goes bad from corrosion or something.I have a 811 and 1 other receiver upstairs.I called Dish and told them that I've had it with this and I'm ready to switch to Direct TV.They said they would send someone out at no charge.I have the old type dish with the switch box outside.Isn't there another dish with the switch box inside?If so,should I ask them to switch it out?Also,what else should I make sure they do while they're here?I'm sooo tired of losing my signal.Thanks,Pete

why didnt they use coax connectors with o-rings or the fancy cable weather proof connectors like primestar used to use? They have a blue insert on the end that the coax sticks into. Coax Seal or tape work good too. Dialectric grease helps prevent corossion. Some of this you can get at Radio Shack. I never put anything out in the elements, always weather proof it. Talk to a supervisor and tell them ur fed up with the shoddy installers. A system that old is probably legacy so if they change the amp you may need an adapter to work with the dishpro lnb. If things are getting corroded, make sure they protect them from the elements.