Help! Need some clarification on packages.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vrman68

Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
Illinois
I've been with Dish for a while now. I jumped on the TurboHD bronze package a while back. I recently had a receiver die and had it replaced. When the programming came down on it, I am now missing Speed HD and FX HD. While my other receiver is still getting those channels. I'm afraid of calling in to have it "fixed" as I think they'll remove the programming on the older one rather than add it on to the newer one. Plus, I have a feeling that I won't be getting any "new" HD channels that come out either.

What exactly happened to the TurboHD stuff? I really like those packages as I really don't watch any of the SD stuff anymore anyway. Now it looks like they went back to the old programming packages. I'm so confused.

Oh, I forgot to add that my billing now shows that I'm Dish America Plan for $29.99. So I guess I'm not on TurboHD anymore?!

Last edited:
I've been with Dish for a while now. I jumped on the TurboHD bronze package a while back. I recently had a receiver die and had it replaced. When the programming came down on it, I am now missing Speed HD and FX HD. While my other receiver is still getting those channels. I'm afraid of calling in to have it "fixed" as I think they'll remove the programming on the older one rather than add it on to the newer one. Plus, I have a feeling that I won't be getting any "new" HD channels that come out either.

What exactly happened to the TurboHD stuff? I really like those packages as I really don't watch any of the SD stuff anymore anyway. Now it looks like they went back to the old programming packages. I'm so confused.

Oh, I forgot to add that my billing now shows that I'm Dish America Plan for $29.99. So I guess I'm not on TurboHD anymore?!

They just renamed the Turbo packages. I don't know what to tell you about calling about the missing channels. You aren't supposed to get them with Dish America.

Are you sure those channels aren't locked on your new receiver? If they are locked and hidden, you won't see them.

Can you see them on the guide and if so are they red?

Speed and FX were never added to the Turbo packages. If you were (are) getting them, it was by mistake.

Last edited:
SD are in green and the HD are in red on the new receiver.

Guess I will let sleeping dogs lie...doesn't seem fair that they gave them to me when they first came out on my TurboHD, and now I can't get them again. And yes, I was told that new HD channels would be added to the TurboHD packages as they came out. That's why I was so happy with the package.

Only way I can prove I had them is to record some shows on those channels with my older receiver. But I'm sure that won't matter....:rant:

SD are in green and the HD are in red on the new receiver.

Guess I will let sleeping dogs lie...doesn't seem fair that they gave them to me when they first came out on my TurboHD, and now I can't get them again. And yes, I was told that new HD channels would be added to the TurboHD packages as they came out. That's why I was so happy with the package.

Only way I can prove I had them is to record some shows on those channels with my older receiver. But I'm sure that won't matter....:rant:
Just be glad you were lucky for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts