Help! Need suggestions for an Indoor Antenna! I live in Powder Springs, Georgia.

HDProjekt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
Atlanta
I live in Powder Springs, GA which is in Cobb County, which is about 30 minutes away from Atlanta. I just got my 622 installed today (So far, so good!) and I wanted to get an Indoor Antenna. I already get the 4 major locals in HD, but I wanted to get The WB and TBS (For the Atlanta Braves home games only) in HD. I've been searching and searching but there are too many antennas out there. I don't know which one to get! I really want to keep the price under $50. I was thinking of getting this one tomorrow at Radio Shack http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2131034&cp=&kw=indoor+tv+antenna&parentPage=search What do you all think? Thanks again, guys for all the help!

-J

I'd first start with Antennaweb.org to find out how far away you are from the broadcast towers. I'm about 15 miles from my local broadcast towers, with good line of sight, and I'm using a Philips Silver Sensor PHDTV3 i got at WalMart for about $35. There's no harm in trying the Philips or Radio Shack antenna, if they don't work, you can always return them. But, an outdoor antenna will definitely give you better results, and may wind up being your only effective option.
That Philips works well for me, but I do find myself having to adjust it for certain stations (the placement that works well for my local CBS station doesn't work well for Fox).

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, griz. According to Antennaweb.org I'm about 21 miles away from the broadcast towers (This includes all the major channels). What is the difference between the yellow uhf, green uhf, light green uhf, red uhf, blue uhf, and violet uhf?

You will have better luck with an outdoor ant. I would try the R/S 15-2160 for $25
Go back to antenna web for info on ant color. Color has to do with outdoor ant range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)