Help needed for mirroring hopper.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hi guys

I have a Hopper with Sling in my bedroom and I would like to mirror it to the room thats next to mines which has a 32" sony LED.

What are my options? I need to drill a hole through my cement wall to the other room and the biggest drill bit I have is 1 inch in diameter. I know HDMI cables fit through it but I'm not sure about splitting an HDMI signal since I've never seen it before. My only option is through component RCA but in order to pass the cables though the wall the cable needs to allow for me to peel them individually while I fish them through the hole. Most cables I've seen don't allow peeling back. Also the run is 35ft.

Any help is appreciated.

The next room is 35' away through a concrete wall?

It is important to know what kind of inputs the 32" TV has. Many newer TVs omit some of the formerly popular input options (thinking primarily of component).

It would also be helpful to know how the current TV is connected and if there is any intermediate "enhancer", AVR or sound bar.

Hi guys

I have a Hopper with Sling in my bedroom and I would like to mirror it to the room thats next to mines which has a 32" sony LED.

What are my options? I need to drill a hole through my cement wall to the other room and the biggest drill bit I have is 1 inch in diameter. I know HDMI cables fit through it but I'm not sure about splitting an HDMI signal since I've never seen it before. My only option is through component RCA but in order to pass the cables though the wall the cable needs to allow for me to peel them individually while I fish them through the hole. Most cables I've seen don't allow peeling back. Also the run is 35ft.

Any help is appreciated.

If SD quality is good enough for the second TV you could use a RF Modulator and one coax cable. If you need more RCA composite ports you could install a RCA composite splitter. Here is what I use and it works pretty good. Or, maybe wait for the new wireless Joey to come out.

http://www.hollandelectronics.com/catalog/catalog.php?product_id=HMM-10H-Multimedia-Modulator
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C45U5H2/?tag=satell01-20

Or use a current Joey in wireless mode.

Of course, you did say "mirror" so I gather you want no monthly fee.

There are wireless transmitters. I have an SD one that works OK, so long as neighbors in my previous neighborhood weren't on their wireless land line phones.

Or use a current Joey in wireless mode.

Of course, you did say "mirror" so I gather you want no monthly fee.

There are wireless transmitters. I have an SD one that works OK, so long as neighbors in my previous neighborhood weren't on their wireless land line phones.

He may want mirror to sync same recordings. I wish Hoppers had syncing capabilities.

Look at the below options:

$199.98

$199.99

$159.00

MUCH better than drilling thru concrete (requires special masonry bit), if it works. the 5 GHz band is better for less interference, but the range is shorter than for the 2 GHz band.

No, its 35 ft total distance. The wall is just a few inches deep.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm really wanting to cut costs as much as posaible, thats why I'm not getting a Joey. I'm probably going the SD route since its easier and cheaper.

Be aware, an RF remote may have trouble passing through the concrete wall. Hoppers don't have external antennas like the VIPs do.

Here is what I would do.
1. Connect the primary TV in the bedroom using component RCA cable and verify the results are satisfactory.
2. Buy an HDMI cable long enough to run to the next room but run it without drilling the hole in the wall. Probably have to move the TV to get it to reach and verify that the 35 foot HDMI cable syncs up with the TV.
3. If both tests are satisfactory, drill the hole and run the HDMI cable in its permanent location.

I currently have my primary 52inch Samsung connected using component cable and picture quality is very, very close to that with HDMI connection.
HDMI output from same Hopper goes through three holes in the fireplace/chimney/alcove area, then through a channel I built to prevent stepping on the cable and other cables following that route to my PC area where I have a powered splitter to split the HDMI to two PCs TV/monitors.

Works great and I knew it would work by running cables outside the numerous holes first.

These are all amazing ideas! Bedroom with hopper has a closet where the wall for the other bedroom is. What I plan is to run power and the HDMI cable there so its hidden and the TV will look flush on the other side with no cables :)

Hi guys

As a side note, the word "mine" is already possessive. So, there is no need for the possessive "S" at the end. (And, even if there was, it would need an apostrophe.)

Sorry. But, it's just a pet peeve of mines.

As a side note, the word "mine" is already possessive. So, there is no need for the possessive "S" at the end. (And, even if there was, it would need an apostrophe.)

Sorry. But, it's just a pet peeve of mines.

I appreciate the time taken to correct my grammar instead of focusing on the topic. Mi lengua primaria es el español y no soy perfecto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts