HELP!! new dish network account question

jimgermani

Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
hi all,

i'm getting conflicting answers to this question so i thought i'd post here.

my primary home is in massachusetts and my 2nd home is in maine. i want to setup a dish network account in maine but i want to activate it and cancel it a lot. we go up there maybe 7-10 time per year for a weekend or sometimes a week or so (and all of july/august). if i buy a system on ebay (so there's no contract), will dish network allow me to start an account and cancel or "freeze" it until i go up the next time. as long as they will pro-rate it for me, i don't calling them every time i go to and leave from maine. when it's said and done, if it's only active for 3-4 days per month, the bill should come out to less than $10?? (for the very basic programming, i don't need many channels)

thanks for any suggestions. one more thing.... i've read a lot about FTA receivers --- if i buy one of these, can i get at least a few major networks for free? (nbc, cbs, abc, and fox?)

I don't think DISH will let you "pause" the account that frequently, but I"m not sure.

Your two best options are probably:

1) Set up a dish at your second home, and just take one of your receivers with you when you go up there.

2) Dish has a pre-pay system I believe where you can buy just individual days.

There is a $5 per month (I may have the amount wrong) charge for when the account is on hold. You may be better off with a 'pay as you go' (not sure if this is the right terminology) account. Your local dealer should have knowledge of this but I don't think Dish csr's do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)