Help - New to FTA Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

philinhouston

Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Houston
:usaI'm new to FTA Satelite and I live in North East Houston, Texas.
I would like to know what I need to buy and how to install and set up my FTA Satelite and Recever. I would like to buy a Sunicview Sv360 receiver. I would appreciate your help. Phil

Probably you want a decent dish of at least 30+ inches in diameter, an hh dish motor and a cheap linear lnb. The receiver you want is good, except that I'm pretty sure that model doesn't get HiDef. (I could be wrong about that)

True FTA isn't really the kind of system you can lock in on one satellite and then forget it. Programming changes and shifts around from one satellite to another, so you need to be able to scan the Clarke Belt - the orbital location where the satellites are "parked" - actually the orbit, first postulated by SciFi writer Arthur C Clarke where the orbit matches the rotation of the Earth - resulting in the satellites always being above the equator exactly at the same longitude.

Aiming such a system is more difficult that aiming a dish without a motor, but there is a lot more up there if you have it.

Once you acquire whatever dish and motor and lnb, the guys here will help for sure

Welcome and good luck. It's fun and an education besides.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts