help new to PTAT recordings

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
I have a couple of questions about the PTAT recordings.

1) PTAT tonight recorded Unforgettable and Dateline. On Unforgettable which is a 1 hour program there are 2 recordings One is 2HR and 4 minutes started 8:56pm and the other is 1 hr started at 8pm . Dateline is a 2 hr program and there are 3 recordings, 1 is 1 hr long started at 9pm, 1 is 2hr and 4 min started at 8:56pm and the last one is 1 hr long started at 9pm. Both programs actually started a 8pm, I think.

What is going on?

2) I wanted to save the recording of NCIS from yesterday. I saved it as a series and a timer was created. Is this a real timer in that it will always record NCIS from that channel and time, or when I move locations and the channel switches to something else will it switch also. In stead of recording a series should I have just saved that recording so the next airing when I move get the new channel?

Unless you alter the PTAT options. It will record ABC, NBC,CBS FOX. every day from 7 PM to 10 PM Central. Monday thru Friday. Saturday and Sunday 6 to 10. Shows stay in the Hopper for 8 days then delete. No need to set any timers. You can extend the 8 days or shorten it. And all that stuff can be customized. Including saving a series or making Manuel timers as well. Hope that helps. On the site there are examples of people fooling or making the PTAT with how and whats recoded but you will have to research that on your own. Peace :)

I have a couple of questions about the PTAT recordings.

1) PTAT tonight recorded Unforgettable and Dateline. On Unforgettable which is a 1 hour program there are 2 recordings One is 2HR and 4 minutes started 8:56pm and the other is 1 hr started at 8pm . Dateline is a 2 hr program and there are 3 recordings, 1 is 1 hr long started at 9pm, 1 is 2hr and 4 min started at 8:56pm and the last one is 1 hr long started at 9pm. Both programs actually started a 8pm, I think.

What is going on?

2) I wanted to save the recording of NCIS from yesterday. I saved it as a series and a timer was created. Is this a real timer in that it will always record NCIS from that channel and time, or when I move locations and the channel switches to something else will it switch also. In stead of recording a series should I have just saved that recording so the next airing when I move get the new channel?

I'm really not sure what's happening with your first issue. As for saving a series you should be able to just select one of the PTAT shows, select save series and it will save that PTAT recording to your part of the hard drive. It should not use another tuner or anything like that.

I'm really not sure what's happening with your first issue. As for saving a series you should be able to just select one of the PTAT shows, select save series and it will save that PTAT recording to your part of the hard drive. It should not use another tuner or anything like that.
and while you see the recording in both your PTAT folder and My Recordings folder, that is not two recordings. The same recording appears in both places. The PTAT program will disappear in 8 days, or 2, or whatever you set it to. The My Recordings program will remain until you delete it or move it to an EHD...

Thanks all for your inputs they help. I still don't know why the several recordings for the same show but will watch it for the next few days and see if it happens a lot or this was just a fluke.

Again thanks

To review again, if you have selected save series (creating a timer), that show will appear in both My Recordings and PTAT until the 8 days pass, then the PTAT one will go away. Regarding moving, when you create a timer, it is channel specific. So when you move, the series timer will not kick in, BUT the PTAT version will still be there. So, if you don't want to set a timer, just select Save This.

thanks for the clarification. At this point it will just be a wait and see when we move next. We move again on May 5th and are heading slowly to the west coast.

thanks for the clarification. At this point it will just be a wait and see when we move next. We move again on May 5th and are heading slowly to the west coast.
Hey, bring some water with you. Very short supply out here on the left coast, mostly all of CA. No problems if you are going farther north in Oregon or Washington.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)