Help no 119 or 110

KF4GFH

Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
HI:!!!

Sure have enjoyed reading these threads, now my turn for help. Dish 500 with 311 receiver. I use this in addition to a dome on the RV which does not have a problem. I have set this system up a number of times with no problem using a Sat Buddy. For three days I cannot receive the first sign of green, just red on signal even as the Sat Buddy says I am on target. I have spoke to Dish and just get upset. I would think that the receiver ot the LNBF is bad but how do you test either. I have changed and tested all cables and connections so any advice woukld really be appreciated. Thanks a lot for reading.

BULL

One check you can make is a voltage check of the system with a volt meter. Start at the receiver and check the voltage output at the receiver. The system needs 10.5 volts at all points to operate and you will have a couple of volts drop through cable loss, so the receiver should put out about 12 or 13 volts. If the receiver is putting out good voltage, go to the lnb and check it there. If you have the 10.5 volts at the lnb you could have a lnb problem or if you have excessive voltage loss in the cable it is a cabling problem.

BROSS:

Thank you for your help with my problem. The receiver is gone. Purchased new one today but Dish could not get it going as they have to send me a card, I really appreciate your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)