Help on DP301 - Check Switch

Mr Encee

Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
I have a DP301 receiver and when I try the check switch, it cannot detect the signal from my LNB. I tried the receiver on 3 different working dishes with different LNBs and all the LNBs were not detected.

Does anyone know what I can try next?

Thanx

If you are saying that the LNBF ITSELF is not found, and you've tried different cables and LNBFs, then you've got a bad receiver.

If it tells you the LNBF type, but show no SIGNAL, you've got an aiming problem.

Be sure the receiver is putting out 13 - 18 volts and then do a check switch with no wire hooked to the sat in port. This will clear the matrix. It is always good to clear the matrix otherwise if the receiver was hooked to a dish pro and you put it on a legacy lnbf you may burn the lnbf out. Always clear the matrix first by checking switch with lnbf unhooked. No voltage, ta ta taaaaa

SimpleSimon said:
If you are saying that the LNBF ITSELF is not found, and you've tried different cables and LNBFs, then you've got a bad receiver.

If it tells you the LNBF type, but show no SIGNAL, you've got an aiming problem.

It detects the LNBF type but I don't get a signal. I put a second receiver and it detects LNBF and get a signal. I don't believe it is a SAT aiming problem since I can get good signal strength with the 2nd receiver.

Tom Taylor said:
Be sure the receiver is putting out 13 - 18 volts and then do a check switch with no wire hooked to the sat in port. This will clear the matrix. It is always good to clear the matrix otherwise if the receiver was hooked to a dish pro and you put it on a legacy lnbf you may burn the lnbf out. Always clear the matrix first by checking switch with lnbf unhooked. No voltage, ta ta taaaaa

You mentioned 13 - 18 volts. Where can I measure this voltage?

Between the center conductor and the shield of the coax connected to the satellite terminal on the back of the receiver. This is the voltage that powers the LNBF at the dish.

Mr Encee said:
It detects the LNBF type but I don't get a signal. I put a second receiver and it detects LNBF and get a signal. I don't believe it is a SAT aiming problem since I can get good signal strength with the 2nd receiver.
Ah. Wish I'd known that in the first place. The answer now seems obvious. Receiver A works. Receiver B does not. Therefore Receiver B is broken.

boba said:
Between the center conductor and the shield of the coax connected to the satellite terminal on the back of the receiver. This is the voltage that powers the LNBF at the dish.

Thanx for the tip. I measured the voltage and it is 19.7 volts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts