HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Or no super bowl 4 me in hd

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
I have been trying to get the Birmingham alabama feed of ABC 33/40 ota hd for years with no luck. ABC broadcasts their hd signal in VHF - My question is will the 942 pick up a vhf hd signal. All other broadcasters in the area transmit a uhf signal and I'm able to pick all them up just fine. Ive tried several different antennas and have had no luck with ABC. I can't take watching the superbowl from a dishnetwork blur-o-vision feed. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Do they actually have a tower in Birmingham? Attennaweb.org is showing Anniston at frequency 9 and Tuscaloosa at frequency 5. Do you live in Birmingham? To pick up VHF 5 you would probably need an antenna outside like the Channelmaster 3018.

StevenD said:
I pick up a VHF station (WFAA-DT 9.1) with a 942 and 921.
Steven,
I don't mean to be critical but your avator drives me crazy and distracts from my ability to read what is being discussed in the forums. Is there any chance that you can change it, slow it down or something. Thanks

PS. Those with epilepsy have problems with rapidly moving stuff.

Thanks for the replies. Anniston is my closest tower and i've tried several full size (radioshack) attic antennas with no luck at all. I'm south of birmingham and anniston is about 80 miles from my home as the crow flies. My neighborhood asociation doesn't allow pole antennas of any sort, so I'm confined to what will fit in my attic. The thing that doesn't make any sense is that the station is located in Birmingham but the towers are located that far away from the source.

cobalt said:
Thanks for the replies. Anniston is my closest tower and i've tried several full size (radioshack) attic antennas with no luck at all. I'm south of birmingham and anniston is about 80 miles from my home as the crow flies. My neighborhood asociation doesn't allow pole antennas of any sort, so I'm confined to what will fit in my attic. The thing that doesn't make any sense is that the station is located in Birmingham but the towers are located that far away from the source.

You have a right under the FCC OTARD rules to put up an antenna on your roof assuming you own it. The rules preempt homeowners association rules.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

You will need to put up a large antenna for 80 miles and make sure your pre-amp is UHF and VHF. I recommend ChannelMaster antennas and (Titan2)pre-amps.

I'm only about 45 miles from the anniston abc ch9 tower and I can get it but its right at the threshold point on my 811. They are broadcasting at a real low power right now. The last I check it was like 9.5kW. Thank god I'm north of birmingham so I get huntsville's abc channel alot better. Plus huntsville's abc is a dedicated channel, no multicasting there. Great Pic quality!!

Brett, I'm 30 miles south of B'ham. So I guess I'm out of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts