Help parents want to cancel dish

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
My parents first had dish installed towards end of winter last year. Guy was a contractor. He put the dish up on the roof. Signal was ok until first rain fall. Signal kept going out. In light rain it's going out. He called another tech was sent out. He moved the dish to the front of the house. Service was ok there again until it rained. There's a tree that's in a yard in the next street over that grew leaves back and that was interfering with the signal. I told him in light to moderate rain it shouldn't go out. He puts off calling this time because he said why bother they aren't going to be able to fix it. I'm surprised dish hasn't called to send a tech to fix it by seeing his low signal or does he need to send a report to them through his hopper? I'm not sure if I should have a dirt member get ahold of him by phone? Something Is going on where these techs that have been out aren't figuring out a solution. I'd be frustrated also. Paying for a service and having this problem. My signal goes out in heavy rain but when it's lightly raining there's no issues.

Really sounds like it might just be an aiming problem.

They're still under contract, it seems, so an ETF would apply.

surprised dish hasn't called to send a tech to fix it by seeing his low signal or does he need to send a report to them through his hopper? I'm not sure if I should have a dirt member get ahold of him by phone? Something Is going on where these techs that have been out aren't figuring out a solution. I'd be frustrated also. Paying for a service and having this problem. My signal goes out in heavy rain but when it's lightly raining there's no issues.
As far as DISH seeing the satellite signal you need to not only have an Internet connection at the Hopper but at some point during its life cycle someone has to have sent status through the menu.

PM DIRT

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Dirt will be getting ahold of them tomorrow. They'll be sending out a tech with his supervisor to hopefully fix the issue.

you may have a line of site problem
if so, it should not have been installed and you may be able to get out of the contract

you may have a line of site problem if so, it should not have been installed and you may be able to get out of the contract

I'll have to tell my dad to call them back and get someone out. The problem with them waiving the termination fee is he does get picture when it's not bad weather . I could see if it was going out all the time. When he first had it installed the guy mounted it in the roof. Where he placed it had a good line of sight . Then when that tree grew back that's where the issue began. I do think it's a good argument to dish if one more guy comes out with a supervisor and he can't get a better signal then I'll tell my dad to call them and see if they can waive the fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)