Help please so frustrated. Missing channels, can't search and preview guide is way screwed up.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Galena543

Original poster
Dec 3, 2021
Carthage mo
Hi, i am here just looking for answers, hope I post in the right place. I hope someone will be to help. I have talked to dish i got absolutely no where just very frustrated. This is probably going to be a long post so I apologize. We had to a replacement hopper with sling. We hooked it up, followed all the prompts. We do not have internet, we have never had internet. The installation instructions for dish hopper with sling said since we didn't have internet we needed to call a number, we would have to provide receiver id and smart card number to customer service rep, we called the number as per instructions, it was entirely an automated thing, no person at all. I called up, it said to activated hopper press 1, thought pressing 1 was going to connect to a person, so pressed 1 hopper started activating without providing the receiver id and smart card number, hopper finished up and we were able to watch TV. We noticed preview guide was different, not right. The preview guide only says channel number and dish network instead of channel and name of channel. For example says 106 dish TVLND instead of 106 TVLND. We thought preview guide might just need time to totally download. Didn't make a difference nothing changed with preview guide. We realized we were missing a lot of channels from our package. We have America's Top 200 which dish says is 240 plus channels but we can only watch 158 channels, 158 channels only on preview guide, no video on demand or pay per view, no access to our add on starz, the search function on hopper only shows numbers or channel for example if we try to search for The Middle when we type a T we get list of channels TBS 139, TCM 132, TENIS 400, there are no error codes if we try to access a missing channel. We have tried everything from unplugging hopper for 15 minutes or longer, we used reset button on dish hopper. We have not done a factory reset because we aren't sure what exactly it would wipe and reset. Any ideas how to fix this? Is there anyway to go back to beginning of process and reactivate the correct way with a person and providing receiver id and smart card number. I have talked to dish many times,
I have talked on phone with them, tried chat with them, i have tried to find a solution. I know this was really long i am sorry
Any help or solution would be great. Thanks so much.

Hi, hoping someone can help i have tried talking and texting with dish network, it has gotten me no where only frustrated and very aggravated. This is going to be a long post. We had to get a replacement hopper, we followed prompts. We do not have internet, we have never had internet, zero issues. so when it came time to activate hopper without internet the instructions say to call a number, we would need to give representative receiver id and smart card number simple enough. I called the number but to my surprise was a totally automated thing, upon answering there were no options automated system said if your calling to activate press 1, press one and suddenly everything appears to be moving along great, finishes up we are able to watch tv. We noticed preview guide was different but thought maybe just needed time to fully download. I had attached picture of preview guide. Time made no difference. We soon realized we are missing a lot. We subscribe to America's Top 200 which dish says is 240 plus channels we can only watch 158 channels, our starz add on package can't be watched, we have no video on demand or pay per view. We have rebooted with unplugging, used the reset button on the hopper, then contacted dish got no assistance, no solutions. We know this all happened when new hopper was activated, when we called the number for activation there was glitch with on their end with their system. The steps that were supposed to happen did not, the instructions said we needed to provide information the receiver id, and smart card number to activate which we did not because option was not available. Is there any way to go back reactivate the dish hopper so we can call give receiver id and smart card number do it can be reactivated properly according to instructions. Any ideas on how this could be fixed, sorry ths is so lobg

Attachments

• 20211203_233210.jpg
    20211203_233210.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 20211203_214936.jpg
    20211203_214936.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 124
Welcome to SatelliteGuys.
No need in posting again, we got your first and now your second. It is near or after midnight. Give the guys some time to get up in the morning and you will have plenty of answers. :)

It showing "Dish" in the channel guide is what it usually does...
Besides, that, have you tried checking satellite signal? To do this, hit the system info button on the receiver, use the right arrow over to the right column, and then down to select "Send Status". Run through the first check for internet and phone, even if not connected, then over to the second one for satellite signal. Post a picture of signals on each satellite when you do this.

Besides this, could need a programming HIT. This is basically a programming update, as receivers can only be activated once. You need to speak to Dish for this.

Why and when was the Hopper swapped?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts