Help Please??????

gpuvalowski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
All my Dish net equipment is owned and not leased.

I swapped out my 322 with a 625 and when I did I asked the rep if the old reciever is now free and clear and I was told yes. All my account info transfered to the new one.

So I sold the 322 on ebay some guy bought it and is now trying to tell me there was a $69.99 balance he had to pay to activate it.

I think hes just messing with me beacuse

1. my monthly bill was only $57.99 so how could it have $69.99 balance if it had one.

2. I called dish net and was told the fallowing

- The 322 reciever has been activated
- There was no balance on it
- If there is a balance on a reciever Dish Net will not activate.

I basically told the guy all this and maybe he had a activation fee or something.

What should I do to prove im right, and is it true that a reciever with a balance cannot be activated?

thanks

Consider the possibility that the guy is a former DISH customer and had a balance remaining on an old account of HIS. Send guy's info to ceo address and try to get a clarification.

A receiver with a balance cannot be activated until that balance is paid off!

I have not heard of an activation fee of 69.99. I'm looking into this right now. It could also have to do with a month up front. When you activate with Dish you pay TWO month's service up front. Some CSRs call it an activation fee

A receiver with a balance cannot be activated until that balance is paid off!

I have not heard of an activation fee of 69.99. I'm looking into this right now. It could also have to do with a month up front. When you activate with Dish you pay TWO month's service up front. Some CSRs call it an activation fee

I thought of that too, but this guy has his head up his you know what. Is there anywhere on Dish Nets website that state a reciever with balance due cannot be activated

Do not pay this guy he is trying to rip you off. I will tell him that he has to send you written proof of any balance owing or not to bother you again because your next action is to report him to the proper authoritys (you can go to jail for trying this stuff)

Just guessing here and looking for a possible explanation to the fee.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/about_us/residential_customer_agreement/index.shtml

B. Smart Cards are non-transferable. Your Smart Card will only work in the DISH Network receiver to which it was assigned by DISH Network. If you report to our Customer Service Center that your Smart Card was lost, damaged, defective or stolen, then we will replace it, as long as there is no evidence of unauthorized tampering or modification. A replacement fee will apply (“Smart Card Replacement Fee”). In addition, in order to minimize downtime for your Equipment, DISH Network will, upon your request, deliver a replacement Smart Card to you via overnight delivery in which event our overnight delivery fee (“Overnight Delivery Fee”) will apply.

Smart Card Replacement Fee: $50.00
Overnight Delivery Fee: $18.00

At that link there is also an explanation that once the box is turned off for non-payment, it cannot be turned on until that balance and a reconnect fee of $25 and any other accrued fees are paid. However it is not clear that language that it applies to a buyer of a box. It is implied, but not stated plainly

see ya
Tony

Yeah was gonna say a 322 is a built in card. If you are sure there was no balance then tell him to shove it. Worst that can happen on ebay is you get negative feedback as long you as can prove he got the receiver which it is clear he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)