Help please

chetumia

Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
miami
I want to transfer a report about my classes, that a local chanel made and I recorded in my dish network 622 DVR.
I recorded it to a dvd and now I want to play that DVD in my pc but is not showing any file when I insert the dvd in my laptop (Toshiba).
I recorded to the dvd as a VR.
What do I need to play the VR in my laptop? Can I convert it so I can uploaded to my website? What kind of format should I use?
Thank you for any help about this :)

I want to transfer a report about my classes, that a local chanel made and I recorded in my dish network 622 DVR.
I recorded it to a dvd and now I want to play that DVD in my pc but is not showing any file when I insert the dvd in my laptop (Toshiba).
I recorded to the dvd as a VR.
What do I need to play the VR in my laptop? Can I convert it so I can uploaded to my website? What kind of format should I use?
Thank you for any help about this :)

How are you recording it to DVD?

According to the DVD recorder VR means Video Recording.

I recorded it from the DVR to a DVD with the DVD recorder (Sony)

Yes, I finalize the disc, and I am able to play it on the dvd player but not in my laptop. Do I need a special software?

If the Sony made a standard DVD video disk, then it should have a normal DVD structure with the video inside container files called Video OBjects (VOB). If you can find these on the disk in the VIDEO_TS folder, then there is little excuse for your Toshiba not to play them. Does it play other (commercial) DVDs? If not, then you merely need to acquire a DVD player program for your Toshiba.

I've been told by too many friends that "homemade" DVD recordings many times won't play on PCs or laptops. I can record a DVD (from my 622 DVR) and it'll play just fine on another DVD player but won't play on my PC, which has a DVD player program and plays commercial DVDs just fine.

Phil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)