Help please...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatelliteGAL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Amherst, NY (Buffalo suburb)
I have tried a search but need more info in less time than I have.
My sister is rving around and had problems receiving all the channels. She spoke to Dish several times but they never figured out that her problem was that the new dish lnbs for her rv is dish pro and her receiver was legacy. Now that we have figured that out I was looking for the list of receivers that would work with dishpro lnbs to see if any of my unused receivers would work. How about a 3900? The second 1/2 of the question would be would it work immediately or would it need the new yellow smartcard if it didnt already have it? She will be moving on soon so I wanted to be sure before we went through re-activating one of the receivers on her account.

Thanx

No dish receiver with a four digit model number will work with dishpro without the adapter.

Where as the legacy recievers won't work with the dish pro lnbf you can still use them with a dish pro to legacy adapter, as long as you aren't using a super dish in some cases. You may try to use the adapter. It will work with the following recievers 1000, 2000, 2800, 3000, 3900, 4000, 4900, 5000, 6000, 71/7200, JVC IRR, or any variation of these models. The blue card will work for the time being, but you will eventually be sent a new one that will have to replace the blue one.

I have tried it on a 1000 with a dp34 switch and it only checked 119 and 110 no 105. It also says in the instructions with the adaptors model recivers it will work on and 1000 is not listed. It does say on the site it will work but the time I tried it I had to get tech support on the line and they said it will not work. They ended up sending the customer a new receiver to replace the 1000.

Tate Satellites said:
I have tried it on a 1000 with a dp34 switch and it only checked 119 and 110 no 105.
It worked just like it should have. The 1000 & several other of the older receivers cannot 'see' 105 or 121.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)