Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gretchen

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
My husband & I are avid campers but the older we get the less we can tolerate the heat, wind etc. This being said we decided to dump cable tv & go with Dish Network. When we signed up we were told to have are satelllite put on a pole so we could remove it from the pole to enjoy while camping. When the installer came out he said it was not a good idea to remove the dish from the pole but suggested we purchase another dish to travel with. He stated that all we neded to do was take one of the receivers with us.

We were able to purchase a dish, receiver, tripod & remote at a good price. My question is will we be able to use the receiver & remote we purchased without any additional charges or are we better off pulling a receiver from the house?

Just call us old & oblivious to modern technolgy & any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks Gretchen

Well if the receiver is not on your account you will need to add it. That will cost another $5 a month. I would set up the dish on tripod, and hook to receiver in camper, while parked next to house. Mainly to make sure you can get it pointed it right and that you are close to home. If all goes well call dish and add it to your account. Then you are all set.
Also other than the $5 dollars you will not be charged any other fees.

Last but not least.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

If you purchased another receiver, you will have to add it to your account before you can view any programming. Each extra receiver will add $5/month to your account as stated. Without knowing what type of receiver you purchased, it's hard to tell you all of the potential fees that might be charged.

If it is a dual-tuner receiver, add another $4.99/month for not keeping it plugged into your home phone line.
If it is a DVR (except the 501, 508, and 721), add $5.98/month for the DVR fee (unless you have America's Everything Pak).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)