Help question

John Kendriick

Original poster
Sep 20, 2018
San Jose
New to the forum have some questions about receivers for dish network. Can someone tell me if this will work I want to hook up,1 Hopper 3,1 Joe 4 K, And 3 wally receivers.

Will be buying all the receivers from web site and one wally will go in RV. Do you think dish network will all so activate them all. Thanks much

Dish will not allow that exact configuration. You might get away with two Wallys, they do allow two 211s, on a Hopper account. Is there a reason that you require Wallys at two locations in the house? You could easily get away with one Hopper 3, one Joey 4K, two Joey 3s, and one Wally (for the RV).

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why are you going to buy all the equipment.

Call Dish and see what they will give you for free.

If you don’t want a contract, consider the cancellation fee on the contract may be less than what you can buy equipment for on a website.

As far as leasing vs owning. It’s the same monthly. Lease what you can get for free.

Dish will not allow that exact configuration. You might get away with two Wallys, they do allow two 211s, on a Hopper account. Is there a reason that you require Wallys at two locations in the house? You could easily get away with one Hopper 3, one Joey 4K, two Joey 3s, and one Wally (for the RV).
My guess would be that he does not want those locations to be able to access recordings from the main Hopper 3. He may be able to get two Hopper 3's (just hook them up separately so that they can't "see" each other) one Joey 4K, and two Wallys, although that may be a bit of overkill, and it would definitely be more expensive.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)