Help!! Sat Wizard needed.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

night_owl

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
:(I am living overseas in a high-rise apartment. I receive satellite programming via AFN (Armed Forces Network). The country that I am in does not allow satellite dishes so my dish has to live inside of the house. I have a small dish (Direct TV type) that is mounted on a stand. I used to get great reception even though a window sits between the dish and the outside world. Well about 3 months ago the provider changed transponders and now I can only get a signal if I open the window. Will an amplifier boost my signal enough to allow reception through a window??? Thanks much.

Odell, the "rock cover" would be great if I had a front yard or possibly a balcony. But, again I live in a high-rise apartment. I think that I need a more technical solution if one exist i.e. a signal amplifier. But thanks for the reply.

A signal amp will not work. Replace the Window glass with Plexiglass.... You can get it at most any hardware store and some will cut it to fit here in the states.

BryanSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts