Help Send SatelliteGuys to Team Summit!

Just added some funds to the pot. :)
Holy Cow Michael, thank you!

Almost booked last night but couldn't find any flights that worked. Good thing now as I have been asked to have a meeting on Friday afternoon and I was planning on leaving before then. Also DISH has changed the schedule and are now having stuff going on that Friday, so now I will be leaving on Saturday instead.

DISH has a hotel special for the hotel at $99 a night... however in my searching I can stay at the same hotel in the same rooms for $10 a night less. I don't know if its required or not if we use the DISH reservation.

I should have a report tonight or tomorrow and let you know I am all booked.

Holy Cow Michael, thank you!

Almost booked last night but couldn't find any flights that worked. Good thing now as I have been asked to have a meeting on Friday afternoon and I was planning on leaving before then. Also DISH has changed the schedule and are now having stuff going on that Friday, so now I will be leaving on Saturday instead.

DISH has a hotel special for the hotel at $99 a night... however in my searching I can stay at the same hotel in the same rooms for $10 a night less. I don't know if its required or not if we use the DISH reservation.

I should have a report tonight or tomorrow and let you know I am all booked.
How are you doing on funds?

Reactions: TheKrell
That is a darn good question. I know at scientific conventions, they always have a hotel or two where we are supposed to book our stays. And it is always substantially more expensive than just booking with the same hotel, and a whole lot more if I pick something across town. I always rent a car, so that is no problem.

Anyhow, I don't know this, but I believe conventions (or hotel) use the extra cost rooms to defray the cost of the meeting halls. I do not know if Dish does that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Eh, only $10 more a night isn't a deal killer. I'd for SURE make it up by stuffing myself at the seafood buffet, every chance I got, lol.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok all booked! Because we were planning on leaving on Friday not Saturday and now that DISH has activities on Friday afternoon we will be staying until Saturday. Of course the price of staying the extra night going into Saturday costs almost 50% more for the Friday night. :(. We still have taxes and resort fees.

And whats the deal with Jet Blue? No Carry On's if you don't pay a fee... plus like everyone does a fee for a checked bag. I never been charged for a carry on before.

Because of COVID there is a chance Team Summit won't happen I have purchased trip insurance for both flights.

I estimate we are about $300 or so short but with the extra fees I don't know the exact amount.

With that said we will get there. Thank you ALL for your support. And special thanks to Bobby and KE4EST for going above and beyond to help to get us there. (Now if Bobby our bartender could figure a way to sneak a few Bloody Mary's in my carry on. :D )

I don't believe I will need to purchase any new hardware for covering the event which is good. :)

Seriously, thank you ALL for your support. I do hope you enjoy and learn from our coverage. As we get closer I will be opening discussions for things you want to see or want me to try to get answers to. :)

Thank you again!

Took an hour and a half to chat with Jet Blue, but when I checked out it said my credit card failed, however I checked and the payment went through and I got a receipt from JetBlue showing we were paid.

So I chatted with them to make sure all was ok and was told their system has been telling everyone tonight their payment failed.

I feel better now that I talked to them.

Thanks again guys!

Ok all booked! Because we were planning on leaving on Friday not Saturday and now that DISH has activities on Friday afternoon we will be staying until Saturday. Of course the price of staying the extra night going into Saturday costs almost 50% more for the Friday night. :(. We still have taxes and resort fees.

And whats the deal with Jet Blue? No Carry On's if you don't pay a fee... plus like everyone does a fee for a checked bag. I never been charged for a carry on before.

Because of COVID there is a chance Team Summit won't happen I have purchased trip insurance for both flights.

I estimate we are about $300 or so short but with the extra fees I don't know the exact amount.

With that said we will get there. Thank you ALL for your support. And special thanks to Bobby and KE4EST for going above and beyond to help to get us there. (Now if Bobby our bartender could figure a way to sneak a few Bloody Mary's in my carry on. :D )

I don't believe I will need to purchase any new hardware for covering the event which is good. :)

Seriously, thank you ALL for your support. I do hope you enjoy and learn from our coverage. As we get closer I will be opening discussions for things you want to see or want me to try to get answers to. :)

Thank you again!
Scott, I am going to send a $20 bill to your home address to purchase two bloody marys on board. :). Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)