Help! Service turned off because of lack of phone connection!

Prevent account stacking and piss off honest paying customers in the process that will tell everyone they know how they were treated by dish. Sounds like the best advertising Direct Tv could ask for.

Theres no winwin way to prevent theft of services without some people getting stepped on that are innocent. Im sure that with some thought that those of us whom have no land lind service and those of us who have one or more of theyr receivers in a location other than where theyr service is located at ( IE the structure that is permanently tied to your address for service ) can avoid the perils that others have faced.

atvman said:
Prevent account stacking and piss off honest paying customers in the process that will tell everyone they know how they were treated by dish. Sounds like the best advertising Direct Tv could ask for.

Do a little searching on the web and you will find that directv's tactics are considerably more brutal, Im sure that the people who have purchased card readers from various electronics supply companies would rather have dealt with a rude csr as compared to the legal threats and reported raids they got.

Texanmutt said:
Yea but they should not be rude about it. They need to be more polite to customers that pay allot for monthly services. Some of those CSR's have no people skills at all.

some of the csr's were working at the dmv yesterday and will be working at mcdonalds tomorrow, turn over rate is incredibly high.

faster68 said:
I don't have a phone line in the house, I only use my cell phone, I’m not kidding. What will E* say if I ever get audited?

I can't see where this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but I only have a cell phone, no landline at all. They just told me back when I signed up that I had to pay a $5 fee to avoid the whole phone line thing. It stinks to have to pay a fee for something archaic that shouldn't be needed, but it is better than going through the hassle the other folks in this thread seem to have gone through.

For those that dont have a phone line and arent paying this fee...dont bother getting a 942. It forces you to run a phone line check inside a dialog box that covers nearly the whole screen. It wont go away unless you either connect a phoneline, or activate it on an account that already has this fee added for not having one.

All you people violating your contract by using one account for multiple locations and then bitching about it make me chuckle.

How dare they ask you to live up to your agreement! What nerve!

;)

DWS44 said:
I can't see where this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but I only have a cell phone, no landline at all. They just told me back when I signed up that I had to pay a $5 fee to avoid the whole phone line thing.

so let me get this straight: you CAN sign up for service without a landline? Just pay a $5. fee?

I ask because I'm about to contract for DishNetwork service next week, and would prefer NOT to connect my receivers to a landline: none of them. I'm willing to pay this extra fee.
Can anyone else out there confirm this option?

Thanks. This is my first post; actually my first log-in to this forum and already I'm learning so much. Thought I should educate myself abit before diving in next week. Also I want to buy a receiver on ebay to use in my apartment in Mexico, where I spend 4 days a week but can't subscribe to Dish Network there. When I went onto ebay to buy a receiver, I found 23 different models of Dish Network receivers for sale !! really! I had to make a list just to keep the features straight; anyway, I was hoping to find some sort of list of receiver models on this forum, but so far no luck.
Lots of experienced folks on this forum, and I thank you.

iKramerica said:
All you people violating your contract by using one account for multiple locations and then bitching about it make me chuckle.

How dare they ask you to live up to your agreement! What nerve!

;)

Call me crazy but i dont feel that someone should have to have a separate account for a box in a RV and another for a shop on the same property :rolleyes: .

You can get a waiver for the RV and as far as the shop. I agree that is B.S. I have one in my detached garage, should I pay extra?? I have only my 508 plugged in a phone line, that's where I watch pay per veiws and beside if you want a pay per view on all the recivers you have to call or order online. The $5.00 phoe fee is for dual tuner recievers that are not connected to a phone line.

I'm getting the impression that to avoid the hassles that some people on this thread have reported, I should hurry up and get both my receivers hooked up to a phone line. Is that a good idea? Or do I just need to have one hooked up?

But if you claim to have *25* receivers on a single account you should not be surprised to be audited. This just reeks of account stacking (even if it is not).

And BTW, DirecTV requires a phone line connection too per their contract.

jrbdmb said:
But if you claim to have *25* receivers on a single account you should not be surprised to be audited. This just reeks of account stacking (even if it is not).

yes but they dont enforce it nearly as much. 2 of my receivers are connected but the third requires me to string a phone line o another room.

jrbdmb said:

its not a single account fella, four different providers 4 different accounts 25 boxes spread thoughout 4 accounts
Who the hell do you think you are to accuse me of theft of service?

stone phillips420 said:
dish receivers 3 7200 721 501 522 2 625
for direct 14 receivers 3 SIR-S4040R SIR-S4120R 4 SD-DVR40 SD-DVR80 4 DSR704 DRD430RGA
for bell 3 receivers 6000 used only in sd mode 2 5900
for starchoice 2 receivers 2 dsr 315
all these receivers are hooked upto 5 TV's
one cannot possible have 25 phone lines in their house, at least i don't
Actually if they're all in 5 locations, then it's simple. Phone line splitters at the 5 locations. Only requires 5 phone line runs.

About a week ago, my 10 year old son told me a guy from dish called and said that I needed to call him. Asuming that it was a salesman I didnt call. The next night I turned on the tv hoping to watch a baseball game and everything was red. I asumed they hadn't updated my credit card and called dish. The csr told me to call another number, which you guessed it was the telephone police. I told the gentleman that I wasnt thrilled that they would turn off service after only a single call. He told me he had called many times, and that the only way he could turn the service back on was to go through a 30 minute test. I explained to him that I had been a dish customer for 8 years, have 5 receivers and I wanted to know how many customers they lose from crap like this. He explained that there is a new law that requires dish to make sure all receivers are connected to a telephone line at all times, and one or more of my receivers was not calling in. I questioned him on the law and told him that all of the receivers were connected at all times. Reluctantly I started the test. When I got to my 6000, he said that was the problem receiver and and he told me I had to turn it off at night so it would update. I told him it was my receiver and that I would leave it on thanks.

I understand that there are people taking advantage of the system, but Dish needs to give customers more than a couple of phone calls before shutting off service, and find csrs that dont make up bs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)