Help! Super Dish needs re-pointing

qna

Original poster
May 13, 2005
I have a Super Dish 121 that needs to be re-pointed. I started having
this problem a few weeks ago when I was losing signals off and on. I am
outside 3 months warranty period for installation. The user guide that I was
left with after installation does not have instructions for a Super Dish
121. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a manual for Super Dish or how I could get the dish be re-pointed. I tried changing Elevation and it did not help. Thanks in advance.

Pointing a SuperDISH is extremely difficult if you have never done it before. I'm sure some of our installers can give you some advice but it can be very tedious.

well first if your going to have to aim it do the 110 lnbf by its self first hook up just the 110 lnbf to the reciever bypass the dp34 or dp44 then aim the 110 until you get the strongest signal on 110 (but make sure your skew is right menu 6-1-1 point dish aim dish) then get the strongest possible signal if you have you skew set right you should be able to pull all three satellite locations in, then connect all three lines to the dp34 or dp44 then run a check switch you should be ready to go after that.
good luck! Evan O'Dell 15 years old Illinois.

evancono29 said:
well first if your going to have to aim it do the 110 lnbf by its self first hook up just the 110 lnbf to the reciever bypass the dp34 or dp44 then aim the 110 until you get the strongest signal on 110 (but make sure your skew is right menu 6-1-1 point dish aim dish) then get the strongest possible signal if you have you skew set right you should be able to pull all three satellite locations in, then connect all three lines to the dp34 or dp44 then run a check switch you should be ready to go after that.
good luck! Evan O'Dell 15 years old Illinois.

Wow. You need to get to know your punctuation keys. It makes it a whole lot easier if you don't have one long, rambling sentence. At 15, if you aren't being taught punctuation, you better find someone who can teach you. You have like 8 different sentences crammed into that gibberish. It's not that hard to use some sort of punctuation to break up your sentences. It's really not. It makes a whole lot easier on the readers.

Make sure the pole/mast is plumb. Set the skew to the correct number then do NOT adjust it anymore. Tune in 110 first the best you can bypassing the DP-34 as indicated above then do the same for 121. After doing that hook them all up to the DP-34 then do the check switch.

why do you think it needs to be re-pointed? are you sure the problem is not the line of sight? I roll on service calls all of the time, where customers have fiddled with the dish , and the problem is a tree. If the dish wasn't loose when you went to check it, then it probably hasn' t moved.

When I called the service line, I was told that the dish needed to be re-pointed since I was losing signals. The signal strength never went above 35 for the channels I was trying to watch. Also, the problem is happening with satellite 121 only. When I switch to another satellite (e.g., 110) signal strength is pretty good (over 100).

than the problem is either the 121 fss went bad or you are losing line of sight on that bird because of an obstruction of some sort(tree leaving out i.e.) or you could have a bad fitting etc. try swapping the sat in ports on your switch and see if it follows the 121, if it does, is the signal consistent at 35 or does it only peak at 35 with fluctuations?

Dish Dude said:
(tree leaving out i.e.)

He's referring to a tree LEAFING out. You have a good signal in the winter but then the leaves come out in the spring and diminish it or block it entirely. I've personally never seen a tree get up and leave but maybe it happens up in other places. :)

had one the other day got up and ran into the neighbors yard. With the help of my truck, neighbor wanted it taken down.

first where are u at ? and the simplist way to repeak the sd 121 is only off the 119 sat if ur pole is level you should get proper sig strength after realingment but as read above if your other locations are ok 110/119 the your lnb is going bad i have a few extra if your kinda local

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)