HELP! - Switch Problem

MI_SAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I have a Dish 500, twin lnb, pointed at 119 and 110. As I was watching local channels (110 satellite), an error message came on indicating that something was wrong with the mutli satellite switch, and that I must conduct a check switch. I did so, and it only recognized one of the two lnbs. :no

I have no idea what is wrong, but I know you guys probably do. Any help is appreciated! :confused:

could be a bad lnb. try unplugging the receiver for a few minutes then trying the check switch again. if that doesn't work. unplug the the satellite feed from the receiver, run check switch again. when it comes back nothing found, unplug again for a few minutes. plug everything back in and try again. if that doesn't work, dish might need to be repointed, bad coax cable or bad lnb. good luck. other might have a better suggestion.

How many reciebers do you have?? If more then 1 is it happening on all of them?? More details please?? When you run a check switch it recognizes the satellites not the LNB what satellite did it recognize if any. Did it recognize the DPtwin LNB??

I have two receivers, one 508 (with the problem), and a 301, which works fine. (Thanks for advising me to check the second one).

I apparently didn't run a check switch test -- I had only looked at the check switch screen. I did a hard reboot, then ran a test, and I'm back up and running.

Thank you all for your help! :bow :clap :wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)