Help the Newbie with Dish

Lonergr66

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
Texas
I have read through many post but can't find my exact answer sorry. I have Dish Network and a spare DishHD, with two LNBs I don't know if this is a 500 or 1000 or super maybe someone can tell me. I am trying to connect a 211K but cannot find a signal. I have read about covering one LNB up with foil, and try transponder 11 on Sat 119. I find a signal but then I get the error,"wrong satelite 72.7" or something like that. Any tips?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Lonergr66!
I've moved this to the Dish forum, hopefully you will get an answer soon.

Can you post a picture of the dish and lnb you're using? And if you're looking for the 119 sat, and are picking up the 72, you need to swing your dish way to the right, to the southwest sky, not southeast.

OK finally had time to get back on this I have a VIP211K and this dish in the pic... Are they compatible?
thumbnail

Read through a bunch of post an I was desparate so I tried the foil, I took this dish of of one of my other properties almost exactly 150miles due west of here so I assumed all I had to do was rotate the dish a bit but then I saw a bunch of post about finding 119.... what is the model of my dish? 500 or 1000?
thanks a bunch

I can get 75% when I have the reciever on Sat 72 but I get error Wrong Sat EchoStar West 77. the dish is pointed slightly southeast

That doesn't matter.

IMHO a strong transponder might help him tweak that dish. ;) I wasted about 4 hrs trying to point a D500 for my mother at 61.5 for Sky Angel using a Dish 4900 receiver. I couldn't find the damn sat to save my life! It turns out that the first few transponders had been converted to 8PSK while I wasn't looking. :mad: I wound up hiring a pro who had it peaked in about 5 minutes.

Reactions: JSheridan
IMHO a strong transponder might help him tweak that dish. ;) I wasted about 4 hrs trying to point a D500 for my mother at 61.5 for Sky Angel using a Dish 4900 receiver. I couldn't find the damn sat to save my life! It turns out that the first few transponders had been converted to 8PSK while I wasn't looking. :mad: I wound up hiring a pro who had it peaked in about 5 minutes.
I assume he's asking about changing transponders on the check switch/point dish screen. That really makes no difference. I'm just wanting to know what sats he's actually currently pointed at, so I can direct him from there. When I'm pointing a dish with my meter, then yes, I do manually check different transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts