Help!!!!! trouble with 118.7 satellite install

thomjohn 1

Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
118 satellite

can i run 1 line off the 500 + dish (118 satellite) into a 625 with a seperator without a switch?????

Only if it's a DPP 500+ lnb. In effect you would be sending all 3 sat signals (110/118/119) down the line as the switch is internal on those lnbs. If you have an older DP 500+ lnb it won't run through a separator without a dpp switch somewhere in the system.

Yeah you could do that but if you already have the plus dish up it would be easier to just get a dpp 500+ lnb and pick up all 3 sats. I suppose it depends on how your set up is but it sounds like you have 2 dishes pointed at the same sats if you have a dpp twin and a 500+.

I installed a dish Dp 500+ and I'm getting a strong signal on the 119 and 110 but the 118.7 is very low 20% on my birddog meter I am unable to peak it any higher. approx 30ft away and in my signal path are power lines (just regular lines not high tension) would they cause my dilemna Ps my mast is plumb and level and setting are correct what can i do to correct this ??????????????????????????????

What transponders are you looking at on the 118? Your numbers are going to be lower than they will be on the 110/119. Most of the international programming comes off of transponders 23 and 26.

Settings on that dish for my area are 122/30.

As far as the power lines, yeah, they could be in the signal path.

im not sure which ones but the programming is hindi mega pak i installed 3 in the same area and my signal was in the 70's on my meter do the power lines decrease the signal that much or could ther be other issues????

are you tuning it on a switch output or directly from the lnb? Could be a bad switch or lnb I guess. Seems like you've done a few and know what you're doing though. The power line could just be in the exact wrong spot and blocking your signal. I had that happen on a WA install where I had blue skies everywhere. The 129 ended up being blocked and I had to move the dish.

I wish I had a better solution. Maybe wait and see if anyone else weighs in on this one.

i'm tuning from the lnb and it's driving me crazy already moved the dish once....... Oh well ^%$%#&%#*%*

Power lines block out just as much signal as they do sunlight (not very much), so their effect would be negligible.

But wouldn't the EM field around those power lines distort the signal while sunlight would be unaffected?

I can't figure this one out I installed the same dish right across the street yesterday and had no problems. the only different variable is those darn power lines. Go figure.????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)