HELP! W/using "Recalculate" to realign sats; IV200 PVR, Gbox 3k

Status
Please reply by conversation.

c4net

Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Lafayette, La.
Hey fellas,

Didn't know if this is the right place to post this plea for help (while I sit in the mud under my BUD and cry while waving this white flag to and fro), but here goes.

I can't seem to find anything about how to use the Positioner/DiseqC 1.2/ Recalculate command/feature to perform a Master Realignment (resync) of all sats with my Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus. I have it connected to a SatHawk GBOX V3000 and a 36v screw-type actuator arm. And I can-not for the life-o-me figure out how to use this Command to get this thing to realign. :confused::mad:

Now, I love the Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus...it's great. But the Manual that came with this thing is virtually obsolete. There have been so many Revisions to the Firmware (and I welcome them all...great code, fellas!) that it is nearly a different box.

Is there any updated documentation anywhere that lists any of the revisions to the firmware? Anything? Man I'd take handwritten notes from the Devs at this point!

Any help would be dearly appreciated! Thanks.:)

BTW...ignore the "Moteck VboxII" entry below.....its a SatHawk GBox V3000.

I never got Recalculate to work for me either, on any receiver. Or didn't understand how it works.
Since the Sat Lists are never up to date, or correct, I just manually drive to each Sat and save the position.

Eureka!! It does do a Re-synch, Shift, Re-align all Sats!

Well, I got it to work! Hope this helps someone to not have to go through what I did! And feel free to use this info in any form.

(Menu locations cited are from Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus, Firmware V1.45)

A) Using the receiver, move the dish to any stored satellite position. Select one that you know the general direction where the dish must be pointed to receive it. If possible, also select a channel on that satellite that is easy to lock onto...this helps find the satellite when scanning for it in the next step.

B) Look at dish to determine which direction the dish needs to move to receive the selected satellite. Then use the "Move" then "Fine Move" commands to rotate the dish to that satellite's location, fine tuning for best signal.
(Path = "Installation"\"Positioner Setting"\"Move" and "Fine Move")

C) On the same submenu, move down to the "Positioner Command" line. Using the Right or Left arrow, scroll to "(Re-)Calculate", then press the "OK" button. This sends the signal to the positioner/motor to shift the original (stored) position to the new position. ALL the other satellite positions are also changed.
(Path = "Installation"\"Positioner Setting"\"Positioner Commands"\"(Re-) Calculate", then "OK")

Ciao,

C4Net

Interesting. Sounds like you are basically shifting the reference position in the motor using the receiver instead of resetting the motor at a new mark.

Status
Please reply by conversation.