Diamond web page

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
Seems like the Diamond web page ( http://ftadiamond.com/index-4.html ) has been down for a couple months now.
I'm curious whether anyone knows what happened? Are they out of business? A few dealers still sell them, even though the company seems to have gone away. I went to a Digiwave web page that still mentions the Diamond 9000, but that page doesn't have anything but a spec sheet for the receiver.
I used to go to the ftadiamond web page, hoping that they would come out with a new firmware version, but they never did. Now I can't even hope.
Anyway, I'm just curious whether the company is permanently gone or what? I just found it curious that with several people on the forums that have the Diamond, that nobody seems to have commented on the company not seeming to be in existance anymore.

Digiwave ran the "ftadiamond.com" website
digiwavetechnologies.com/

Yeah, that's what I was referring to above, when I said that I went to a digiwave web page. That page only has a 2 year old spec sheet for the receiver. They have sort of a downloads page, but nothing on that page mentions the 9000. It sure looks like the Diamond 9000 is a completely dead item to me.

It's been dead since last summer, when the 131P Firmware jazzed "everyone" up with no way to self repair.

May not just be "self repair" that was impossible. I emailed them explaining my situation, asking for info re factory repair, and never got a reply. So I'm guessing that even the Diamond people didn't know how to repair the receivers. But now it appears that there aren't any "Diamond people" anymore. :)

Too bad. It seems like a really nice receiver, and since there don't seem to be any "dealers" anymore, I'm reluctant to buy a replacement. The one I have, I bought from some guy in Ottawa, who insisted that it had factory firmware on it, when it actually had 131p. I think I'd buy another one if they were still being made and supported to some extent.

They will only service if you bought it from them AND it never had hackware on it.

I have one for sale if you want another, never had hackware on it.

I love my Diamond. It has great picture quality, decodes AC3 and does S2 and records. The blindscan is no big deal for me. I can blindscan with my other receivers and just input the freq and SR.

The only real firmware wish I have is to have the quality reading on the screen instead of the signal level. It seems backwards to me to have to be in the setup menu to see the quality. :confused:

I love my Diamond. It has great picture quality, decodes AC3 and does S2 and records. The blindscan is no big deal for me. I can blindscan with my other receivers and just input the freq and SR.

The only real firmware wish I have is to have the quality reading on the screen instead of the signal level. It seems backwards to me to have to be in the setup menu to see the quality. :confused:

I 100% agree. Needs a signal button.

I agree with the above points. THe comment about great picture though reminded me of something I noticed. Ie I think my Diamond's picture seems to be overscanned a bit (not sure if that's the right word). Ie if I compare side by side video from either direct OTA or from my Coolsat to the Diamond, I seem to be missing just a little bit of the screen area to the left and right. The only time it's really noticeable is during elections or something when they have a bunch of text or something at the edges of the screen, when I noticed that I couldn't see some of the Text on the Diamond. Perhaps this is another bug introduced by the dreaded 131P firmware and isn't a problem on a virgin Diamond?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)