Help! Wasps/Hornets in these dishes; need to be removed.

Many people call any flying insect capable of stinging a "nee" even if they are well aware that there is a difference between bees and wasps and that Hornets and yellow jackets are types of wasps. It is similar to calling any insect a "bug" even though the term propoerly applies to only some insects.

I would place a large black plastic bag over the nest at night and cinch it up tight, then through a small hole load that sucker with RAID and tape over the hole.

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
No wow needed. Just go back to his posts from years ago when he was an installer. It was his MO for just about everything... ;)

You wouldn't be cracking on the position if you knew what I went thru. Old RSP sold to new RSP that instantly dropped your pay by %30 across the board for no reason.
Yeah no... You reschedule the appointment and let he home owner deal with the situation.
Same applies to any unsafe condition.
I even rescheduled jobs cause the home owner refused to put up their dog - I guess I'm bad there too huh.

Naw I left cause I was getting ripped off left and right..I believe there are only 3 techs left that were there when I was there out of over 100 if that says anything.
Ya really gotta experience the position to understand it and what they go thru.
On that one, I will agree. Although, I tell people not to lock their dogs up, unless they're killers. I'm a big time dog person though

On that one, I will agree. Although, I tell people not to lock their dogs up, unless they're killers. I'm a big time dog person though

The CSR's tell you this on the phone when you set up an appointment for securing pets, also its stated on the emails you get for any appointment leading up to it- I just had a upgrade I even laughed with the CSR about it when I told her the two instances I got bit badly by two dogs in the past. Killers or not - the little cute ones are always the ones that your least expecting to react to a stranger. I'm in THEIR home...the dogs domain... its not a bad request for people to secure their pets for the time I was there which at most was 2 hours...I'm sure the dog will live.
Did I mention that pets also include crazy cats ( one guy had one jump on his head and scratch the crap out of his face) and goats...(one guy was trapped up his ladder on a roof cause the goat was going after him as he came down.)

Yeah ya can't make this stuff up and people are inconsiderate of their pets if they can't do that simple task to get service completed.

It's also not always about getting a bite from a dog either... I don't want them to slobber all over me, I don't want to drive around stinking like someones dog. The first dog does it- the 2nd dog gets the scent and then goes crazy. I'd just assume come in and have to deal with whatever the customer has in store for me which can range from THEIR urine soaked in furniture, them chain smoking over top of you, their kids running off with your tools ( yeah should say secure your kids too lady!).

Whatever man..3-4 years of doing the work I've seen just about everything.

3 to 4 years and you think you've seen it all. :p

I've been installing satellite dishes in one form or another for over 33 years. My wife has often told me that we should write a book. :biggrin

The CSR's tell you this on the phone when you set up an appointment for securing pets, also its stated on the emails you get for any appointment leading up to it- I just had a upgrade I even laughed with the CSR about it when I told her the two instances I got bit badly by two dogs in the past. Killers or not - the little cute ones are always the ones that your least expecting to react to a stranger. I'm in THEIR home...the dogs domain... its not a bad request for people to secure their pets for the time I was there which at most was 2 hours...I'm sure the dog will live.
Did I mention that pets also include crazy cats ( one guy had one jump on his head and scratch the crap out of his face) and goats...(one guy was trapped up his ladder on a roof cause the goat was going after him as he came down.)

Yeah ya can't make this stuff up and people are inconsiderate of their pets if they can't do that simple task to get service completed.

It's also not always about getting a bite from a dog either... I don't want them to slobber all over me, I don't want to drive around stinking like someones dog. The first dog does it- the 2nd dog gets the scent and then goes crazy. I'd just assume come in and have to deal with whatever the customer has in store for me which can range from THEIR urine soaked in furniture, them chain smoking over top of you, their kids running off with your tools ( yeah should say secure your kids too lady!).

Whatever man..3-4 years of doing the work I've seen just about everything.
I've gotten bit twice. 5 yrs ago by a pit that I was never told was chained up in a back yard and last month by a great dane. That bastard bit me right in the chest lol. That one was my fault. I walked in the door and forgot she was in there

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've gotten bit twice. 5 yrs ago by a pit that I was never told was chained up in a back yard and last month by a great dane. That bastard bit me right in the chest lol. That one was my fault. I walked in the door and forgot she was in there

One time my 12 lb miniature pinscher scared the hell out of a Directv guy who was working next door. I thought it was funny because the dog wouldn’t hurt a fly, he just barks a lot

Reactions: charlesrshell
One time my 12 lb miniature pinscher scared the hell out of a Directv guy who was working next door. I thought it was funny because the dog wouldn’t hurt a fly, he just barks a lot
One of my problems is I have no fear of dogs, in general. I mean, you can tell an aggressive dog, but I'll walk right up to 99% of the dogs I see and for some reason, in most cases, even meaner dogs have been fine with me. I was at a house burying cable one day and the neighbors started talking to me over the fence and as I walked up, their Blue Tail Mastiff jumped up and I started petting him. The dog owners were like "Dude, that's the meanest dog there is. He bites everyone. Even me and my kids." I told him I'm the dog whisperer as the dog stood there panting while I scratched his ears lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts