HELP! Will my old dish work with a new HD receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pqv22

Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
torrance
I'm getting a new DirecTV setup but have an old dish on the roof already (non HD). Will this dish work with the new DirecTV HD receivers or do I have to get the new HD dish?

Doubtful.. without knowing exactly which dish you have on your roof.. but chances are extremely high you will need a new dish.

The HD receivers will work just fine with your dish.
But, only for the SD channels.

To get the MPEG4 HD channels you'll need a new dish.

i understand that...but i plan on taking my HD receiver to my vacation home where an old dish is already installed...would i be able to just plug and play the HD receiver without any issues?

i understand that...but i plan on taking my HD receiver to my vacation home where an old dish is already installed...would i be able to just plug and play the HD receiver without any issues?
To be fair to D*, and at least CLOSE to keeping with the TOS, why don't you keep one SD setup at your main house somewhere and use that rec'ver on the road? Just my $.02.:cool:

thx guys, i tried to connect my HD receiver to a standard LNB dish and it's not working. maybe i'm missing something. i know that the dish works because when i hook it up to a sd receiver, it works fine.

I've never seen a power inserter used for a standard dish.
Any chance you have a multiswitch in the system.

Maybe I should ask what dish you have?

i believe the DTV tech installed a slimline 3 dish (that's what the receiver says in the settings menu). can't seem to figure out why the HD rcvr doesn't work with the standard dish...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)