Help with 2800

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ramidarb

Original poster
Sep 10, 2011
usa
Hi here is my set up. i have receiver 2800 and dish pro plus with integrated dp44 (my lnb have four ports first three is for receives and fourth one is to put lnb in for 129). when i run check switch on my receiver 2800 it says in installation summary switch 64 and below it show 110, 118, 119 odd even and third line it says reception verified) i have good signal lock on all setlite. but i am not getting the channel list for international channels (except tvjapan and rai) in the programme guide. please help me to get the channel guid so i can call d**ish to activate my asian channels.

you need to upgrade the receiver
If I remember right if you use a DPP LNB or switch you NEED one DishPro receiver to make it work

You can call Dish if you are in the states and upgrade the receiver. If you are outside of the states try Ebay for a 311 or something like that.

You're better off upgrading the 2800. In about two years, it won't work due to some technical upgrading with the satellites. (I won't go into details as I don't want to confuse you) I'm sure if you private message a Dish member on this fourm (their names are highlighted in red) they'll be happy to help you with the upgrade. I'm sure it won't cost you a penny since the 2800 is a really old receiver.

Hi here is my set up. i have receiver 2800 and dish pro plus with integrated dp44 (my lnb have four ports first three is for receives and fourth one is to put lnb in for 129). when i run check switch on my receiver 2800 it says in installation summary switch 64 and below it show 110, 118, 119 odd even and third line it says reception verified) i have good signal lock on all setlite. but i am not getting the channel list for international channels (except tvjapan and rai) in the programme guide. please help me to get the channel guid so i can call d**ish to activate my asian channels.
First you don't have a DP44 because there is no such switch. What you describe is a DISH500+ with integrated LNB/SWITCH this would be the equivalent of a DPP33 and does not have a power inserter. You are asking an old receiver to power a SWITCH LNB combination it was never designed to power. You need to replace it with a 211 or at the least a 311 to handle the power requirements and future proof the system.

Did you just upgrade to this dish yourself or is it a new system?
Does the rec have current software? Some of the old recs never showed intl channels unless you were subcribed to them.
Is the rec already active with other programming? Dish might not reactivate a 2800.
It may or may not work with the DP adapter. They were designed to run DP twin lnbs and DP34s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts