Help with 622, or is it a clunker?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I have an owned 622, not leased. As of the other night, when it powered down to do its nightly upgrades or so forth, it now will power up, fan will come on for a second or two, nothing shows up on the tv screen. I have unplugged, hard rebooted, held power button in, and it still does the same thing over and over and just a black screen on the TV.

Has it clunked out?

If so, how would I get it replaced? Since I own it, do I have to repurchase a new one?

I have an owned 211k, that's inactive, but I also have an EHD for the 622, if I just reactivate the 211k, and use the EHD for it, will I lose all my stored recordings?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

I have an owned 622, not leased. As of the other night, when it powered down to do its nightly upgrades or so forth, it now will power up, fan will come on for a second or two, nothing shows up on the tv screen. I have unplugged, hard rebooted, held power button in, and it still does the same thing over and over and just a black screen on the TV.

Has it clunked out?

If so, how would I get it replaced? Since I own it, do I have to repurchase a new one?

I have an owned 211k, that's inactive, but I also have an EHD for the 622, if I just reactivate the 211k, and use the EHD for it, will I lose all my stored recordings?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

It does sound like you need a replacement and we can absolutely replace your receiver for you. The cost depends on the receiver, and whether or not it's still in the warranty period. If you send me your phone number or account number in a PM, I can get you more details

Edit: Yes, you will lose the recordings. The 622 and 211k can not share an EHD

Last edited:
Yeah no recordings and I think Don has put in a word for you for the Dish team to come give you a hand.

DISCLAIMER:
"Do not construe this as advice to void warranty on either the box you're sending back or its replacement."

If the box, not the hard drive, is the failure point, the recordings can be recovered. After activating the new receiver, you could power down, connect the old hard drive to the new box and power it up, then archive the recordings to your external drive. Swap the drives back and you're done.

DISCLAIMER:
"Do not construe this as advice to void warranty on either the box you're sending back or its replacement."

Has it clunked out?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

Sounds like hdmi connector on the 622 back failed. You can verify by hooking up though component and if it is the hdmi connector, its a known manufacturer defect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)