Help with a 6x8 Zinwell WB68 Multi-switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dvanwechel

Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
My system:
A Slimline 3LNB dish with two lines coming into the house from the dish. One line is connected directly to a HD box the other line is connected to a non-hd box.

Problem:
I purchased a multiswitch hoping to add a third box without having to run more cables from the dish into the house. When I connected the two lines coming into the house to the first 18v input and the second 13v input and then connected the other three lines to the first three "outs" on the multi-switch, the HD box no longer has HD programs (when I select an HD channel the box says searching for satellite signal) and some of the regular channels that I am supposed to be getting are no longer there. The missing channels is a problem on all of the connected TVs.

Can any one help? Why do I no longer get HD programming? Why are channels missing from my package? How can I get all the boxes to opperate as they are supposed to using this Zinwell Wide-band 6x8 multi-switch? Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do —simply add a third tv using the multi-switch?

The switch REQUIRES that all four lines from the dish be connected to the 4 inputs on the switch.

It has to do with the way the DirecTV receivers use a combination of voltage and tones to select the appropriate satellite and transponder for what you are trying to watch. By connecting the system the way you did, without running the additional two lines from the dish to the switch, you essentially eliminated the signal from the 103/110/119 sats.

What you are trying to do is possible, but not without running additional cables.

You need run four lines from the dish to the multiswitch main inputs (not the flex ports). Of course, you could also run an additional line from the dish to your third receiver and not use the switch.

Actually tou don't need the WB68 at all the dish has a 4way multiswitch built in so all you need is a 3rd line from the dish to the 3rd receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts