Help with A/C power supply?

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
Hey i just got a monster power bar 1100 off ebay $60) :D Well it has a sattelite hookup the manual says to run the coax from dish to the power bar then to the sat reciever "811" My question is what kind of cable do i need to make the short less than 3ft run from the power bar to my 811?? I heard something like 59rg? Can i just go to walmart and buy a cable that is used to hook up a vcr?? Also i rent an apartment and my power outlet isnt properly grounded cause the 1100 doesnt light up the ground light it works on the outlet in my other room. I was wondering if anyone knew where i can find info if its the law that the landlord needs to pay for the new outlet or the renter any info would be greatly appreciated thanks oh and im in cali thanks.

Landlord is responsible for the electrical - at least in most places.

The cable in the link you gave will do just fine. Shop around - you might find a better price - or if you bought from a local retailer, he might do you a good - actual cost for the cable & connectors is about $1.

Robdoggz,

Without a ground connection the surge suppressor will not function properly and you won't have the protection that you bought it for. If the landlord does not want to fix it, call the city or county electrical inspector and tell them. They will compel the landlord to fix it. For just a 3 ft run, your VCR RG59 will be OK though D* and E* recommend everything be RG6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts