Help with a DP34 switch

rick26

Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Bay Area
Hi everyone, I'm having a problem setting up my 311/vip612 recievers and I'm hoping someone has some advice. Here's my set up:

I have two lines coming in from a DP34 switch piggy backed on two DP44's (I live in a condo and we all share the 3 lnbs).

I have 2 recievers, a VIP612 and 311.

THe problem is I'm trying to hook up the vip612 with only 1 satellite input feed by using a seperator, then hook up the 311 with the other line.

When i try to use the seperator, the vip612 won't find any satellites, but if hook up both lines into the vip612, it does work (but then i have no lines to the 311). I used to have a DP33 switch, which did support this set up totally fine (don't have that switch now), but for some reason the dp34 won't. Do I need a power inserter??

I can't run another line to the switch because it's on the other side of the building (built in through the walls of the condo).

Appreciate any help!!

Thanks

The DP34 switch is Dish Pro (NOT Dish Pro Plus) and seperators are only designed to work with Dish Pro Plus receivers tuners 1 and 2 you will see a 1 and 2 on the seperator itself. That being said, to feed a dual tuner receiver from a DP34 switch you need two lines for each input. The seperator does not function like a splitter for satellite. As was already said the DPP33 and DPP44 switches ARE Dish Pro Plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)