Help with a model 3000

tunnel vision

Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
As you can probably tell this is my first post, but none the less there is great info on this site.
I have some questions for you that hopefully someone can help me with.

I had the new Turbo HD installed yesterday to go with my new HD TV and my thought was that because the installer would be putting in a new receiver and dish I would install myself the old equipment (Dish 500) in my shop on the same property and call and reactivate that receiver. Done.

Well the installer did take out my older model 3000 receiver and gave it to me but said he needed to use the old dish along with another new one for HD, so I asked him do I get to keep my LNB and any other parts? He said no he needs to return it to Dish network, fair enough I will find a new dish, mast and LNB.

So I call a friend and he said he has a nice dish 500 with the LNB and I can have it! Yea ha!

Ok, so get this new dish 500 and start looking on the web and this form for information on installing it and end up calling the installer to see if I have the right LNB and he so no, it won’t work without a powered adapter. I don’t want to add any other 120v plugs I just want the same LND that I had.

I installed my original Dish Network system back in 1997 and it was very straight forward, and then Dish did the upgrade to Dish500 so I don’t know what LNB, switch, etc. it had.

So can someone help collect the right parts to make this work?

Here is what I do have:
Model 3000 receiver
Dish 500 dish and mast with a DishPro LND with (4) cable hook ups

Do I need any switches? What LNB should I look for to make this work like the way it was, I seem to remember a splitter looking piece on the mast and a junction block with a ground wire.

And set-up information would great for the Dish 500, because the book I have(1997) is for the original installation I did but I only had to find one satellite.

Also where can a person find a new remote for this model 3000 receiver.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Dan

If you were told that your old lnb, "parts" had to be returned to D*, I believe that you were mislead. If I were you, I'd try to locate, Ebay, a leg. twin lnb and remote. The DP hardware that you have will require hardware that will be harder to locate than the leg. twin. If you can get your 3000 to display the menu 6-1-1 screen and enter your zip code, the setup info will be shown....good luck.........or......depending on the dish used for your recent activation, the 3000 might be connected and there would be no need to use the 500. What dish/switch was used?

If you were told that your old lnb, "parts" had to be returned to D*, I believe that you were mislead. If I were you, I'd try to locate, Ebay, a leg. twin lnb and remote. The DP hardware that you have will require hardware that will be harder to locate than the leg. twin. If you can get your 3000 to display the menu 6-1-1 screen and enter your zip code, the setup info will be shown....good luck.........or......depending on the dish used for your recent activation, the 3000 might be connected and there would be no need to use the 500. What dish/switch was used?

Thanks for the reply. When you say leg. do you mean legacy? How do I know which Legacy LNB one to get? and does the Legacy LNB need a switch.

I just want to hook it back up in another building the way it was.

Dan:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts