Help with a Super Buddy!

ssidave

Original poster
May 8, 2009
Texas
I have had a Super Buddy satellite meter for right at a year, and it has decided to go on the fritz. All of a sudden, it will not read any signal, either dBm or IRD. On one job, it worked like a champ, then on the next one, it stopped. I have done all the basic stuff like change the F conn, update the software, and fully charge the battery. It does put power to the LNBf, though. I looked around at Applied Instruments' website, and the warranty expires after one year. I have had this thing just over one year.

Any help will be appreciated.

I have had a Super Buddy satellite meter for right at a year, and it has decided to go on the fritz. All of a sudden, it will not read any signal, either dBm or IRD. On one job, it worked like a champ, then on the next one, it stopped. I have done all the basic stuff like change the F conn, update the software, and fully charge the battery. It does put power to the LNBf, though. I looked around at Applied Instruments' website, and the warranty expires after one year. I have had this thing just over one year.

Any help will be appreciated.
If it's out of warranty, it's out.
Very frustrating.
I'd be pretty furious.
Now before I go to the manufacturer and crack him upside the temple, call them and find out what it will cost to have the thing serviced.

Just call Applied at the number on the back of the meter and send it in. They are great to work with and very reasonable. I don't know what is wrong with yours, but they have fixed all of our out of warranty meters for less than $100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)